Update error: VBScript runtime error 800A0046

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by demonofsteel, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Hi.

I've installed a 3CX Server yesterday (free version for the moment, but I'll buy it later if everything goes well). Right now, I have the build 4128 installed and I'm trying to do the update to 4287 using the start menu shortcut.

Everytime I launch the update, I get an error...

Windows Script Host
    -------------------------
    Script: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\updates\Update 4CXPhonesystem to version 5.1.4287\update.4287.vbs
    Line: 35
    Char: 51
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

I've read other threads here and on the internet about similar errors. I've created a rule in my antivirus not so scan the entire 3CX install folder (C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\) including its subfolders and the file "update.4287.vbs". I've also added rights (all except total control) for 2 users (IUSR_.... and IWAM_....) on the 3CX folder (I've read about it on another forum, don't remember wich one). I also have reinstalled vbscript runtime environement and rebooted the server after that. I still get the error. I wonder what I need to do to be able to update finally.

Here are my infos:

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2
    Version 5.1.4128.0 free edition
    VBScript libraries 5.6

This is my main problem with the software, other than that, I'm totaly satisfied, except for problems outside the place where the server is, but I didn't search on this yet.

Thanks.

2. Halea

Halea New Member

Sacha,
    Check the version number shown in the properties of 3CXPhoneSystem.exe located in the BIN folder of the directory where you installed the software. Even after properly updating the software, the status window (web page) continues to show 4128. It's possible that your software has been already updated. I never ran into the virus detector conflict.
    Halea

3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I did check and it still reports as version 5.1.4128.0

4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Today, I looked at the vbs code to understand what was the problem. The problem occurs at line 35 character 51.

Line 35:
    If objFSO.Fileexists(strDestination) Then objFSO.DeleteFile strDestination

Line 35, character 51:
    objFSO.DeleteFile strDestination

So I guess that the problem occurs when the script tries to delete the "objFSO" file.

This is objFSO:
    Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

The problem is probably that Windows Server 2003 prohibits the script to delete the file due to rights. If I knew what and where objFSO and what rights I need to add, I could correct the problem or I could maybe also delete manualy the "objFSO" file, but I have no idea what it is and where it is, I'm not a VBScript expert, so I don't understand everything.

And I'm affraid that if I get arround this problem, I'll get other problems with the next lines...

I wonder if this means anything to anyone of you here, but if you can give me some help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

is there someone else with Windows Server 2003 here? have you got the same problem?

And the problem is not computer related, I moved 3CX Phone System from one server to another 2 days ago and it does the same thing (both server are Windows 2003 Server).

6. witkamp

I had the same problem.
    I found that there was a file handle held by wmiprvse.exe
    You can use Process Explorer and search for an open handle.
    After I killed the process the script could download the files and copy them.
    I think it might be a problem with the "net.exe start" command.
    After I ran the script Computer Managment did not show the processes for 3CX as started.
    Just something for some one to check out.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If Windows does not permit the VBscript file to be run, there is little that we can do.

In any case, we are moving from exe to msi for the setup file, so that patch deployment will no longer require VBscript files. this should put the matter to bed once and for all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Thanks a lot for the new build, I will install it later today or tomorow. I hope this will definitely help us that are using Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks for considering this while you 3CX people did the latest build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.