Update from v5.0.3790 to v5.1.4393 - who knows a way to hold

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by silentfun, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentfun

silentfun Member

Anyone her know a good way to update from v5.0.3790 to v5.1.4393 and don´t loose all the data?

most important data for me:

-extensions
    -outboundrules
    -voiplines
    -calldata

and in this priority

Andy :?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Philco

Philco Member

Re: Update from v5.0.3790 to v5.1.4393

Hi Andy, Zeit lang fur sprechen.

I backed up my system then ran the install and then resinatleld the backup no problems unless I'm missing something

Mind you did do it in stages as the updates became available.

Phil

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

thx phil - thought i have read something that the backup of the 3790 build was not ok but - if you did i will try it too.

its only because i have not much time at this moment so i want save time where i can but i also want to test the latest version.

my GXP-2020 working fine since last firmwareupdate - the only issue is that the BLF keys freeze after some days running - i don´t know if this is a new grandstream feature or if they are not hardet against blf messages. have nio idea so i want to test it with the lates 3cx build.

oh i forgot in the first some days when the BLF lamps are runing they have a 50:50 chance of showing the right status.

when they freeze you can reboot and everything is ok again for some days

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Andy, well I dont have as many options runing on our test 3cx as you do, but I dont seem to remember having to reconfigure anything on 5.1, the only thing that doesnt work is the multiline ring group though you may have seen the postings on the subject they are putting that facility back.

Yes I saw your posting re the GXP2020 and the BLF issue. Not running BLF so not seen he problem though ave upgraded the GXP phones and all seem ok oherwise.

Hope your upgrade goes ok now, and I'll wait for your SHOUT if it doesnt go well.

Regards

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.