• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

UPDATE! How do I un-blacklist my sip client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauladams

Reaction score
I was testing the feature that blacklists you after xxx attempts so I deliberately put in a bad password and tried to register a bunch of times.

It worked and I am black listed, but I can't find where to remove my sip client (soft phone) from the blacklist. The blacklist in the management console is empty. Nothing is logged in the server console anymore when I try to log in and I get auth failed on the 3cx phone.

I assume that I don't need to throw this phone away and buy a new one.

Yes, I did search the forums but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Thank you for any help you can provide! :p

---------

UPDATE: Please help if you can...

There's also another option that sets for how long the blacklist will last. This is set to 1800 by default ( 30 mins ).
You can either wait for that time to timeout, or you can simply restart the phonesystem which automatically clears the ban.

Yes, I am a moron.

I set the blackout time to be really high (trying to be super-secure) and when I failed I was blacklisted for days.

I set the blackout time to three minutes and restarted the service and was able to get back in.

Thank you for the reply. :mrgreen:

To unblock blacklisted IP in 3CX Phone System version 10

See my blog http://singcheong.blogspot.com/2011/08/3cx-unblock-blacklisted-ip.html

There is a IP Blacklist tab under Advanced setting for this version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.