• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Update Let's Encrypt Certificate Renewal Time

techsitters

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Currently, the 3CX provided Let's Encrypt Certificate renews between 00:00 - 07:00. I am asking that 3CX change this to 00:00 - 05:00.

In the US, it is not uncommon for west coast businesses to open at 05:00 to accommodate east coast clients (+3 hours)

The long term goal would be to specify the time or time-range to check and apply the SSL certificate update on a per PBX basis; however, at minimum we need to modify the time to be 00:00 - 05:00. This would be an easy change for 3CX and a positive update for everyone as it would minimize the disruptions from the associated service restart during business hours.

Upvote 14
UP!

Could be great also if we receive an email with near expiration date of certificate, to schedule a maintenance window for example.

+1 this took us down during production hours, around 7:35AM. Every live call dropped and no new calls could start for over 5 minutes. Same requirements about being open early on the west coast to service the east coast...

Why does cert renewal even need to affect the SIP service at all?

+1 this took us down during production hours, around 7:35AM. Every live call dropped and no new calls could start for over 5 minutes. Same requirements about being open early on the west coast to service the east coast...

Why does cert renewal even need to affect the SIP service at all?

Yes, that's the problem, one of our customers lost service yesterday at 7:39 AM because certificate was renewed, 5 minutes without calls. We opened a 3CX support case but it's not possible to schedule a maintenance window to renew the certificate and also the PBX cannot send an email notifying the expiration is near.

I cannot understand, this problem affects everybody. There are critical services through 3CX PBX.

We raised this directly with 3CX support, and they indicated a change was being considered.

I'd like to see a narrower window, such as 1am to 4am. Preferably, the user should be able to configure it.

We raised this directly with 3CX support, and they indicated a change was being considered.

I'd like to see a narrower window, such as 1am to 4am. Preferably, the user should be able to configure it.

That's it, best solution could be:
  • Configurable update window
  • Manual update available
  • Email near the expiration of the certificate

@VictorSP agreed. I'd like to be able to specify the date and time ideally.

Yes, same problem today, certificate renewed at 7:55 :(

So it shouldn't be a fixed window at all. It should configurable or there shouldn't be an 'enterprise' version.

I am closing this request as soon we will be able to renew it without the interruption at all. Therefore no service window is needed anymore.

Reactions: luckystrikes
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.