Update Loop

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fbusher, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbusher

My own silly fault. I updated to the Service Pack today and now the 3CXPhone is stuck in an update loop. From looking at the files in the folder and the files in the temp folder it creates they appear to be the same, so either the detection mechanism is faulty or there is something else wrong.

Anyone solved one of these before?

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

You did not mention what version you are using its the most important thing when you open a forum post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fbusher

Sorry Michael, V15. The client is 15.0.56008.0

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Next thing can you go to parameter table and tell me the version (value) for the following,
    MYPHONEVERSION
    VERSION

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fbusher

MYPHONEVERSION = 15.0.56772.0
    VERSION = 15.0.56772.0

I've also found the ZIP file in HTTP\Interface\MyPhone that I am guessing is downloaded to update the client and if I extract the 3CXWin8Phone exe the version is 15.0.56008. I'm guessing this is our issue, the update our clients are receiving isn't an update. So could it be that when we ran SP1 the new 3CXPhone wasn't copied across?

Can we get the zip from somewhere else or re-download SP1? My worry now is what else hasn't installed correctly!

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

You will need to check Updater 1 & 2 log. You find it here C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin

View the log and see whether SP was updated or not.

Then check if \Myphone was updated.

Look if there was a problem with the update it would roll back. My question is could this location been blocked, rights on file etc or you have some antivirus installed on the server? You need to check log for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.