• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Update Server down?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureweb

Customer
Reaction score
Hey there,
is the Update Server down right now?
Wanted to upgrade to SP4 - but Update Page tells me that the "3CX Update Server is not reachable"?
thx, bye from Austria
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Thanks for posting, I'm getting the same but wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

Getting the same error, "
Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again"

Edit: Checked https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/pbx-express-repo-change/ to verify the update location. Found that it was using HTTP and not HTTPS. Changed it, then I got an error apt-transport-https could not be found. Installed it (sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https) and ran 'sudo apt-get update'. But still on 3CX when I go to the update page I get the error, "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. "

On another 3CX server the Updates are working. Both running Linux Debian 8 Jessie and are cloud based. The one that is working was created via 3CX PBXexpress setup.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@mariosM_3CX - mind informing the Coders / Server Admins of this Problem? ;-)

Hello @Futureweb

Thanks for reporting. We'll investigate.

I have tried upgrading a few times since I came across this post but all attempts seem to have succeeded.

For those of you having problems try:
We haven't had any major number of reports about this, so I can't it being a general issue. An idea might be that the people that did have the issue tried to do the update the moment the files were being propagated to the various servers.

Reactions: Futureweb
The parameter you see what the older one used that was not in a cluster.

The one I suggested is the link to the new download server which is a cluster. Regarding the SP, check the Dashboard on the right where it says about the License Key, then compare that to the version you see in the 3CX build History, that should tell you the SP you are on.

alright - we are on SP 2 - will update the URL manually ... but could there be a Problem with Upgrading from SP 2 to SP 4? as it still contains the old URL?!?

(with updated DOWNLOADS_URL it's working again)

alright - as it's working again it's fine for me ... whatever caused the troubles first hand ...

Hello @Futureweb

Thanks for reporting. We'll investigate.
I had the same issue thanks for solving it quickly. I have another issue I am not able to add a new phone to a new extension what would be the issue.
thank you

please start a new thread. give more details such as errors or steps you are taking.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
I had the same issue a few days ago when trying to update some customer machines. The update would show in the list but it would error out when trying to actually download it. Advance Parameters and changing from downloads to downloads-global was the fix.

• In the Management Console --> Settings --> Parameters, edit parameter "DOWNLOADS_URL"

These steps has resolved my issue.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.