Update to 4510 - Uninstallation of 4393 fails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by demonofsteel, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    I wonder how anyone else managed to update to build 4510... The only way of doing it is by uninstalling previous version and installing new version (Check for update doesn't find any update). There is also a known problem for the fax service that takes so long to close.

This is where my problem starts... To install the new build, I need to unsinstall the previous build, but when doing so, uninstallation fails because the fax service cannot be stopped (it stays in "closing" state). I was really wondering what I could do to do the update correctly.

What I've just done was to disable the fax service from starting when the system starts and then a server reboot. That way, the fax service wasn't bugging me. The weird part is that even if it did the trick to uninstall the version, I got a message saying something like "Critical error" or "Install failed", I don't remember well...

Anyway, after the installation and restore of my DB, everything was fine. Luckilly I'm doing this at night, because it is taking much more time than what I tought it would need.

I'm was using:
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition R2
    3CX Phone Server 5.1.4393 (until I managed to update to 4510)

Just wondering if there would have been any "easier and faster" ways to do the update. It would be good to now what could be done, not only for my own knowledge, but it could also help other users if they run into a similar problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.