• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Update to V11, than Fax problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerhardKreuzer

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

after updating to V11 I get emails of my received FAX, but now the Subject field didnt contain the FAX Id or the phone number of the sender, I get just the (important) info 'Fax received', haha.

I can't find a field to set this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for helping.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,
You can customize the FaxTemplate.txt file under C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates, with variables used in the mail body
In particular, you can change the row
<subject>Fax has been received</subject>
to this for example, to include fax id, callee num, caller num
<subject>Fax has been received %%FAX_ID%% - %%CALLEE_ID%% - %%CALLER_ID%%</subject>

.. thanks a lot.

I have installed the System on Win Server 2008 R2 and I didn't have such a Directory. I also config my directories to Show hidden and systen entries and I searched the whold drive for '3cx fax', get some entries, mainly pointing to documentation and Blogs, but no fax template or similar.

How can I find this file on Win Server 2008 R2 ???

With best regards

Gerhard

This is a hidden folder, on which drive did you install 3cx phone system ?

Hi Pierre,

I installed the PBX on C:, this is not the Problem, I also set the Folder Options to Show hidden Folder, nothing. And I searched for FaxTemplate.txt, nothing, 3cx fax, here I get hits but only documentation ...

Than I tried it on another System, and here I found the file .. just simple search.

I copied the path and tried on the first System to paste the path into the file Browsers address box, this time it works too.

Something mystic, but now, both Systems working again with the correct Fax headers in the mails.

I documented everything, so at the next update it will be probably easier, hope that 3CX didn't Change anything.

Thanks a lot.

With best regards

Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.