Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Update to v14 SP2 Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stevens, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevens

So I have just attempted to update v14 to SP2. I made a backup and stored this in the default location on the server (C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Backups) I then ran the uninstall wizard and then re-installed 3CX v14 SP2, however once i logged in, all the backups files had been deleted... WHY? How i can restore this backup with out having to reconfigure my system.

I find it irritating that the system requires you to make a backup to install SP2, however the default location of backups are deleted during this process??

2. AlexanderHanna

AlexanderHanna New Member

Yes, your backups will be deleted as you are removing the 3CX install folders and files where the backup path is also located. What I have always done with my installs is to change the default backup path to one that is outside of the 3CX install folders. This way, if I had to uninstall and then reinstall, I would just point the backup path to where I have my backup files.

A better way for 3CX to do this is to not set the default backup path but allow you to enter one the very first time you do a backup. I see this as a design flaw.

Hope you have a previous backup of your system somewhere.

Alexander

3. stevens

Yeah I have come to the realization that my previous backup file is gone. I do however have a backup file from when I went to 12.5 > 14. However now trying to restore this I am getting "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found". Found previous forums regarding this, so trying to implement these fixes.

I should of just left it alone!

4. AlexanderHanna

AlexanderHanna New Member

A next thing I do is to copy the backup file to a compete different machine every once in a while just in case the PBX box fails and it is no longer accessible. This way, I can get my standby backup machine, and restore using the backup. Has saved me on two occasions!

All the best.

5. 12494

12494 Member

We always backup locally and offsite or offmachine. If you only have one backup - you aren't safe - as you know.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.