Updates available for 4128 - Run 'Check for Updates'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nick Galea, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi All,

We have made numerous improvements to build 5.1 4128 which are available in the form of updates. You can download these updates by running the 'Check for updates' tool in the 3CX Phone System program group. (Note NOT from the web interface but from the separate executable in the 3CX Program group on the 3CX Phone System machine)

Below you can find the exact fixes included, however this update resolves issues in relation to 'Stuck' calls, VOIP provider registration, IVR and more.

Fix: route for out of dialog MWI notifications sent through the tunnel.
    Fix: IVR can transfer calls if port of PBX is not default (5060).
    Fix: VOIP line re-registration procedure in case of network failure of voip provider is inaccessible.
    Fix: update of VoIP lines configuration and updating registration status after changing the line configuration. (line remained registered if both directions are disabled from Web interface).
    Fix: PBX now drops a call if server leg(UAS on PBX) doesn't receive ACK from remote party (UAC). Previously it continued to handle unestablished call.
    Fix: NIC with network mask=0 uses STUN. localSubnets option with value 0.0.0.0/0 interpreted as all addresses are local.
    Fix: for deadlock in PBX. timeOut implementation for route and target is changed.
    Fix: Fixed length of tiff image stream in pdf-file.
    Fix: Fixed PDF object containing PDF parameters.
    Fix: Memory leak in media server.
    Fix: Memory leak in IVR Server.
    Fix: Crash in IVR Server.
    Fix: Prologue/epilogue is added to IVR signaling functions to prevent unexpected PBX termination in case of exceptions.
    Fix: Attended transfer functionality (prevent execution UAS related code on UAC leg).

IMPORTANT NOTE! The updating process runs a VBscript to complete the update process. Many anti virus software do not allow this script to be run. If you are running anti virus software on the machine of 3CX Phone System, please add update.4287.vbs" into exception check/scan list and temporarily stop its script scan.

We look forward to your feedback!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Great :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. darrellchapman

Nick, I appreciate the update but how exactly do I update from the Versions/UPdates page. I see a list of updates but no way to select and download them.

Image Removed (Broken link. Please upload through the forum)

4. ra81

Hi Darrell,

From the web interface Version/Updates page you can only see a list of updates available but you cannot install them. To install the updates you need to run Check for Updates from the 3CX Phone System start menu.

5. darrellchapman

ra81,

Thanks so much for the info and quick reply.

Maybe if I'd paid attention and read the manual I would have known that.

Thanks again.

6. mandev

I very much appreciate this.

Les.

7. techknows

The updates still show up in my "Version/Updates" window... Am i up to date?

8. blabla

Update is not working. wmiprsve.exe is holding exclusive locks on the 3XC*.exe files.

9. Philco

Philco Member

Did you manage to update Darrell, I get 'File was corrupt (wrong MD5 signature).

Phil

10. Philco

Philco Member

Just tried on another computer and download seemed ok, install seemed ok, version number is still 4128

Is there a note of what the updates are please.

Phil

11. alex_omega

I've the same problem after update still the same version number

12. darrellchapman

To all: My update went as planned. It just updated and I was never given any confirmation that it was complete however most of the executable files show version 5.1.4287.exe. It would be quite convenient if the web interface would show each installed component, it's current version since some of the components are still at build 4128.

Yes, the updates are still showing available on my web interface to but again, everything seemed to have updated.

alex_omega, my web interface still shows version 5.1.4128 as well. Check your executable versions. Did they get updated?

Phil, this is a little off-topic but I will be unavailable for the next couple of days; we're going to have our third baby today or tomorrow.

13. mandev

Darrell,

My update went the same way, no completion message but a reboot.

All appears ok and now time will tell if all these things are fixed, if they are then I think the server is ready for prime time.

I also have no issue with the VOIP client remotely without tunnel so why would you use anybody elses client?

I'm using 3CX right now from T-Mobile thru the Windows Tunnel - fine.

I only really want remote record and teh Tunnel and then the big one, DR transfer to unregistered (cell phones or PSTN).

Bruce

14. Philco

Philco Member

Bruce, whats the fixes in this update please, do you know, obviously not the DR to unregistered extensions.

Phil

15. darrellchapman

mandev,

That's understandable about the server. My issues are with the client.

1) We have quite a few 64 bit machines and the client has issues with x64 Windows. Specifically the TAPI client doesn't install and thus Outlook integration is impossible.
    2) The client is not showing/delivering full callerID. Its only showing the extension that is calling.
    3) Attended transfer to client fails. Thus, attended transfer to client is impossible.

There are some others but can't remember off the top of my head.

I'm not quite sure if these issues were specifically related to the client however they were pretty serious issues for our deloyment (and thus the reason I said I would have to abandon the client of they get fixed.)

16. mandev

Well the big issue was that if you had a DSL drop out under certain circumstances 3CX would not retry, your PBX went off the air. It did'nt mean that much to me but it did to others. I am testing to see thats fixed, if it is then it would mean 3CX can be used for VOIP in production.

Also the memory leaks mean I can stop doing daily reboots and all round we have a stable core to build on. I'll let you know in two weeks...

17. mandev

Darrell,

Yes I understand we are 32 bit and all but one clienet is local so no issues. All remotes are on 3102's, all over the world, no issue here.

But the Tunnel he is a real problem, its the MD from hotel rooms!!!

18. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Darrel,

In regards to the issues of your VOIP client, these are to be addressed in the final version of the 3CX VOIP client. This particular server patch only applies to issues in the server. The list of issues addressed is at the top of the thread. We hope to release a new VOIP client this week. Note that this VOIP client is not yet 64 bit ready.

19. darrellchapman

Nick, thanks so much for the update.

20. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Darrel,

No problem at all. We have spent all day on the VOIP client and we hope to have something tomorrow. I believe these will address most issues you mentioned albeit the 64bit - that will be the next thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.