Updates to Pricing & Licensing Model for 2017

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by amy, Feb 7, 2017.

1. AmyE

3CX Support

[​IMG]As we're constantly evolving and developing our product, so too is the way we do business with our customers and partners. We have recently updated our pricing to reflect recent exchange rates, and we're...
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

#1 AmyE, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. user300840

AmyE

Thank you about your article!

Could you comment about what happen after the expiration date for standard annual licensing ?
    IE: if a hate 8 simultaneous call after this period I must renew or otherwise will be downgrade for 4 simultaneous call ?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That is correct. You either renew the maintenance or the key will be downgraded to 4SC with maintenance

4. user300840

Thanks YiannisH_3CX for prompt feedback !

I'm in first year for 8 calls, but for my structure 4 calls is OK.

Can I buy maintenance for 4 calls before expires my 8 calls or just after ?

5. AmyE

3CX Support

Yes, you can purchase maintenance renewals before the actual expiration of your licence.

6. user300840

I'm trying purchase renew maintenance for 4 calls, but it shows me this :

" You can buy maintenance only for perpetual license keys. Select "Renew an annual license" or "Buy Support" from the drop down to proceed. "

Then I go to "Renew an annual license" and the message now is :

"Due to multiple upgrade paths, you cannot add multiple upgrades to the same license key in the same order, or mix upgrades with Maintenance/Support. First purchase one upgrade. Once the order has been processed and the license key upgraded, you may purchase the second upgrade."

Then I go to "upgrade an existing licensing" but the options are just from 16calls... but I just want to keep with 4 calls.

How to proceed ?

7. AmyE

3CX Support

4SC Standard Annual Licences remain free. https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/

So you don't need to do anything. Once your licence expires it will be automatically converted to a 4SC licence.

user300840 likes this.
  8. user300840

Thank you ; ) I'm keep in love for 3CX

AmyE likes this.
  9. allteh

I was told today that 3CX is suspending valid perpetual licenses if they don't purchase maintenance. I have a customer that is going to be knocked down to 4SC from a 32SC Pro license because he does not want upgrade right, webmeeting or a 3CX domain and cert. This is a license that cost 3200 a year ago. Its about to be worthless. Is this the position of 3CX going forward? Why is there still a perpetual platform available at all?

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @allteh

Please note that perpetual licences are not suspended. After the maintenance expires there is a 90 day grace period where maintenance can be renewed. After the grace period elapses you can no longer renew the maintenance of that licence, however the licence is still valid.
    If you have a Pro key with 32 simultaneous calls you will still have a key with PRO features and 32 SC after maintenance expires.
    Downgrades to 4SC's only apply to annual licences that are not renewed.
    What you lose after the maintenance expires is the ability to upgrade to newer versions, the use of a 3CX domain and SMTP and webmeeting which are services provided by 3CX and require maintenance.
    If you have a custom FQDN and SMTP server the system will continue to be fully operational.

jed likes this.