• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Updating Multiple Extensions at Once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipers6

Reaction score
Gentlemen and Ladies,

We have a new client that has 2640+ extensions. I have set up the extension import CSV to use to import the extensions with which is great! However, around 2600 of them are being forwarded to cell phones outside of the office and I have set them up as away status. I could not figure out how to set up to forward to mobile using the import spreadsheet. Is this even possible to set up using the import? I am not looking forward to manually editing 2600+ extensions to basically check a radio button to forward all calls to mobile.

Thank you.

Thats a lot of extensions. I do not know of a way to do that, and if you select multiple extensions inside of 3cx to edit at the same time the forwarding options are not available.

I would pull my hair out if I had to modify that many extensions manually. Not sure if voip toys maybe has something that would handle this. Please update us if you find a way.

I emailed voip toys and their extension import tool does not currently support that but they said its on the list for future versions.

Appreciate the reply. That is what I was afraid of. I'm going to poke around in the database. Maybe I can right a procedure to update the records directly.

Thanks again.

Guess your in luck.

3CX is pleased to announce the release of Service Pack 3, build 28392.820 for 3CX Phone System 11.

In Service Pack 3, we’ve focused a great deal on making it easier for system administrators to manage and configure multiple extensions and their forwarding rules.

To download this update, simply login to the 3CX Windows Management Console from Start > All Programs > 3CX Phone System > Windows Management Console and navigate to the 3CX Phone System Updates node > 3CX Service Packs / Updates.
New Features and Changes

New

You can now edit the forwarding rules of multiple extensions simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.