Updating SSL's Certs on Debian when using own FQDN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by David Forster, May 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Forster

Hi,

We have recently switched from Windows to Debian.

So far so good, loving the small footprint of the server and was impressed with the install, very easy, even asked for the SSL cert pfx file during install.

My question is around renewing the SSL cert when the time comes (in 12 months).

I can't find anywhere in the control panel where it can be updated, am I missing something, surely if there is a procedure with 3CX to install one in the first place this procedure can be called again from the control panel upon time of renewal?

If not what are the options / procedures for updating the SSL cert at time of expiry?

Regards,

David.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. David Forster

Thanks,

I'd found that document, however it refers to the procedure for updating the certificate on a Windows machine and my question was in regards to a Debian machine.

Perhaps a similar document could be created to address this issue.

Many thanks,

David.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you take a careful look at the document it refers to the Linux path as well. The procedure is the same

techbold and David Forster like this.
  5. David Forster

I guessing the phrase 'should have gone to SpecSavers would be appropriate at this point. Think it was the example images that threw me off being windows.

Many thanks,

David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.