Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Upgrade Causes IVR End Call to Say, "Thank you, Goodbye"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PrintWest, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrintWest

I have a schedule task in Windows 7 that makes a call to an extension that forwards to a IVR. All that IVR does is play a horn on our Snom PA-1 to notify our production staff that it is break time and then after 5 seconds it "Ends Call". Now that we've upgraded from v12 to v12.5 it now plays the "thankyou_goodbye.wav" file when it's done.

Why does it play that WAV file now and how do I stop it from playing?

I could try deleting or replacing that WAV file, but I'm guessing it is used elsewhere and don't want to break anything.

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Does this happen only when you the schedule task runs ? What happens when you call the IVR extension directly? Also check the IVR and see what .wav file is specified to play.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PrintWest

No, if I call the extension or the IVR extension neither of them will play the 'thank you, goodbye' wav.

The IVR prompt wav files is correct and hasn't changed. If I play the prompt to my extension it plays as expected.

This is the VBScript that triggers the break time bell:

Dim objRequest
    Dim URL

URL = "http://10.0.0.3:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=68&to=68&pin=blahblah"

Set objRequest = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

objRequest.open "GET", URL , false

objRequest.Send

Set objRequest = Nothing

4. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Can you open a support call for this so we can have a look at it for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PrintWest

Doesn't that cost money?

The 'required' upgrade broke it. I shouldn't have to pay to fix it.

6. PrintWest

Bump!

Anyone have any ideas how 3CX broke my break bell?!? Or was the 'free' upgrade another way for 3CX to get more money out of me, so I'd have to buy support again? : :x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.