Upgrade from 12 to 15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Once the current Beta SP is released for 15.5 I'd like to upgrade my v12 system to it.

Is there a document describing how to do the update? Do I have to go 12--> 14 --> 15 --> 15.5 or is a reinstall better?

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 3CXusername, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  3. aberry

aberry New Member

I think your best bet is to do an install on a test system, run a backup on your v12 install and try and restore that backup to the test v15.5 system just to see if anything is lost. If everything is good wipe the test system and run the same process on your production server. Probably a good time to switch to a newer windows version or run the 3cx linux edition too. I would avoid the upgrade path.

StefanW likes this.
  4. asmith3006

That's great, thanks.

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

here is the full admin take on it (https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuration-tool/)

Notes:

• From v9 and v10 you must upgrade to v11 SP 4a first, then to v12 SP 6.1
    • From v12 SP 6.1 you must go to v12.5 first. *
    • From v12.5 SP2 you can go to 15(.5) *
    • From v14 you can go to v15(.5) directly.
    • Backups from previous versions can only be restored during the installation of the pbx.

*To retain call history information in v15 you must run the call history convert tool after the restore and completion of the configuration wizard. This tool is available only on Windows installs and is located in "C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin\CHconverter.exe". Follow the instructions given to convert your call history. After the conversion you may take a new backup and restore it on Linux.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sip.bg likes this.
  6. asmith3006

OK, I've upgraded the server. Now I'm having some issues with the phones themselves. The Yealink T42Gs are on firmware 29.71.0.224 (unsupported) and I'm trying to upgrade them. Going through the menu in the admin panel causes the phone to reboot twice, but nothing happens.

Equally, doing a factory restore on the phone doesn't let it autoprovision. I've updated my DHCP URL (option 066) to be http://pbx.DOMAIN.local/provisioning/0hPATHvx but this isn't working either.

I've tried to view the config for a particular device http://pbx.DOMAIN.local/provisioning/0hPATHvx/00156562131D.cfg but this isn't showing any output.

Any help appreciated. I have a working system but I think all the address books will vanish in the next 6 hours when the phones try to renew their subscription.

Thanks.

7. aberry

aberry New Member

I don't run Yealink, but I'm pretty sure this is a common issue when going to 15.5. The config files are generated on demand on the newer versions, so you won't be able to go in there and see the config files anymore.

I'm pretty sure it came down to HTTP / HTTPS port changes. I think on 15.5 HTTP runs on a nonstandard HTTP port 5000 or something by default. Did you specify ports 80 and 443 for HTTP / HTTPS when you installed the new version of 3cx?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.