Solved Upgrade from 14 to 15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Morgan Schulz, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgan Schulz

I have two systems with 3cx 14 on them, one production and one testing. I
    1. made a backup of the production environment
    2. installed 15 on the test environment
    3. During the install, I pointed the installer to the 3cx 14 production backup.
    After the install, the new 15 installation seems to have picked up the license from 14, and that's about it. Everything else is a blank slate.
    In 3cx15 management, I can specify the location of the backup files, but it doesn't show up to restore.

What do I do from here?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When you say a blank slate do you mean that no configuration was restored during the restore process?
    Did the process finish successfully? What version are you trying to install?
    Also note that you cannot restore a backup from a previous version through the management console. It has to be done upon installation as the PBX will not recognise the backup and will not populate it under backups.

3. Morgan Schulz

Correct, no configs were restored. No extensions, inbound or outbound rules, or anything except the license. It was an up-to-date version 14, and I upgraded to 15.

4. Morgan Schulz

I uninstalled, took a new backup, and re-installed using the command line option instead of the website. Now everything works.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved the second time around. without looking ate the logs of the first installation i can not be sure what went wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.