Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Upgrade from 9 to 10 with Server Change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roycruse, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roycruse

Hi

I am about to move my 3CX Enterprise system from a temporary server to its new home on another server.

I also want to upgrade from version 9 to version 10

Should I :-
    1. upgrade to version 10 on the old server then install version 10 on the new server and restore a backup from old pc to new.
    2. install version 9 on the new server then restore from old to new then upgrade on the new server.
    3. can i install version 10 on the new server and restore a version 9 database and upgrade the database on the new server.

or have i got to do something else...

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I would use the backup restore tool and backup your current settings, install v10 on the new server and restore the settings from version 9 and you should be good to go. I say should as it is simple as that you never know what can go wrong, but it should be straightforward and simple. good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roycruse

Yes that worked fine - thank you.

only problem I had was I installed the 3cx software and restored the backup whilst the other server was still running.

when I turned the old server off and switched the ip address of the new server to the correct one. lots of occurrences of the old IP lingered on in settings and ini files.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why I said "should" be as simple as that :) , I've had multiple IP address issues when going to a new server data cutovers, new router cutovers etc.... There is really no way around it other than planning ahead, quick thinking during the cutover,, and a small bit of praying. I'm glad it worked out well for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.