Upgrade from V.6 to V.9 ** SOLVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nahidul, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahidul

Greetings.

Can I upgrade from V.6 to V.9? if so what is the procedure please. Happy Holidays.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Upgrade from V.6 to V.9

Take a backup of your current configuration.
    Uninstall Version 6. (Check the machine carefully for any remnants because that installer is old now)
    Download new installation v9
    Restore the backup.
    Make a general system check to make sure that everything is ok.

Of course you might have things to do in this area like forwarding rules section. Keep in mind that V6 was completely different in structure and design.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haat

Hi,

I'm currently trying the same task.

I've successfully imported the old v.6-settings in the new system two weeks ago and version 9 is working fine so far. Nevertheless I'm facing some problems concerning "missing" features in the new version:

Each of our guys got an extension but only some of them actual got a phone. The others use software-clients and/or their mobile phone. So I need an option to redirect calls (to an other extension or a mobile phone) if an extension is unregistered. In v6 there was a "phone unregistered" tab in the "destination unreachable/forwarding" option but in v9 I can't find an option like this and I hear a busy signal if I call an unregistered extension.

I'm currently using the free version but we are going to purchase a license if the migration succeeds and I manage to solve the issues.

I hope someone can tell me how to find a solution for my problem.

Tom

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Attached Files:

• 1sa.jpg
      1sa.jpg
      File size:
      139.2 KB
      Views:
  5. nahidul

Greetings.

Which web server should I choose - Cassini or IIS?

With Thanks
    Nahid Hossain

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Cassini is removed from 3CX Phone system.

Now we have 2 webservers Abyss and IIS.

If you do not have any other IIS applications on iis, use IIS. If you have use Abyss. Any one is fine. If you have less than 40 extensions use Abyss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.