Upgrade from v12 to v14 and Yealink templates

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hwong, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwong

Hi all - we recently upgraded from v12 to v14 and while the server upgrade went smoothly, we noticed that we can no longer provision our Yealink phones (T38 and T46) and the company phonebook no longer functions. Is there an easy way to migrate our existing template so it works on v14 or do I have to go line-by line?

2. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

I'm not entirely sure if this is enough (but I think so) - you can try to get rid of all %%pbx_ip%%, %%pbx_http_port%% and /%%PROVSUBDIR%% Variables within the TPL ... as the whole Link is now generated with %%PROVLINK%%

Old: directory_setting.url = http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/%%PROVSUBDIR%%/Directory_setting.xml
    New: directory_setting.url = %%PROVLINK%%/Directory_setting.xml

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

3. hwong

Thanks - I tried that and I stopped getting an error but nothing seems to happen. Another weird thing is that even if i try switching to the default Yealink template to the T46 that is provided nothing happens to the phone. So far all our phones still work, but I can't reprovision, make any template changes, or even add any new phones.

4. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

When upgrading from 12 --> 14 - the Provisioning Link changes ... so you have to update DHCP Option 66 with the new Link or directly within your Phones ...

Andreas

5. hwong

Yep did that too :cry:

Another strange thing I noticed is that even though my custom Yealink templates are listed under the Provisioning Templates section, they aren't stored with the default templates.

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi hwong,

the MAC specific files, that are in the provisioning folder, do they contain the correct data? I mean is this part of the provisioning working? Does the server generate the files based on the template you choose?

Try to reprovision a T46G from the Webinterface (Reprovision now) does this work?

Is autoprovision poweron enabled?

What about the firmware of the phones and the templates. Maybe they don't fit?

best regards

Frank

7. hwong

in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\asdfasdfas\ folder I do see MAC CFG files

If I reprovision fromt eh webinterface the phone will reboot but it won't take any of the changes (i.e. changing the BLF fields) however the Windows client takes the changes.

I'm not sure if autoprovision poweron is enabled. Is that done within the phone webinterface?

running 28.73.0.28 for the T46 and 38.70.0.221 for the T38

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

And how does those two files look like? Are your changes reflected in the files?

I looks to me, that the problem might be that those files are not generated properly. The second possibility is, that the phone somehow doesn take the file. By looking into the file you will know for sure which part is causing the problem.

That sounds fine to me, I guess that the template is for those versions, too.

9. hwong

So if I make a change in the web interface the config file in the provisioning folder does change but nothing happens on the phone after clicking on Reprovision. So now my question is what can I do to make the phone(s) accept the changes or even ad a new phone? Everything was working fine before the upgrade *sigh*.

10. joebocop

I was just about to post the same scenario:

• - upgraded from v12.5 (latest) to v14 sp2 (backup, uninstall, install, restore)
      - now all provisioned phones fail to access the remote 3cx telephone directory
      - attempts to provision new phones fail when using the address listed on the "System Status" page
      - I've updated DHCP option 66 url to the the address listed on the "System Status" page; still no phones will provision at that address
      - I can still provision phones using the old pre-upgrade URL.
    Thought waiting until SP2 was "smart".

11. joebocop

I should say that I can reprovision phone using the old URL so long as the original mac.cfg file exists. If I delete it, and generate a new one based on the updated T46G template provided by 3CX in v14 SP2, then I am unable to provision at all, by any means (DHCP, phone's web interface).

12. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi hwong,

so you use standard http to reprovision? What happens if you try to access a specific MAC file in this folder with your Browser (assuming that the PC has the same access rights/VLAN as the phone)
    If you can access the folder, the phone should be able to access the file, too.

Do you use DHCP option 66 or do the phones have the complete path to the directory?
    If they don't have the path, what does happen if you give the phone the path?

I asked about the (poweron enabled) because I had same issues with provisioning phones with poweron provisioning disabled.
    #0-Disabled (default), 1-Power on, 4-Repeatedly, 5-Weekly, 6-Power on + Repeatedly, 7-Power on + Weekly;
    auto_provision.mode = 1
    It has to be set to 1, 6 or 7 or reprovisioning your phones via the pbx won't work.

You can check it on the phone webpage. But if provisioning the phones works just fine with 12.5 it looks like the problem is not with some settings with the phones.

I myself did not recognize my phones did not reprovision anymore, because they did reboot just fine and didn't show any error. So maybe, just a little maybe, it may still be the phone.

13. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi joebocop

what happens if you put exactly the same MAC-specific and common (00000000...) config file from the new V14-folder in the old V12 folder, that works?

This way you should be able to check if it is because of some characteristic of the config file, or about the the access to the folder.

If it is about the files, you could check them for differences or post the common and specific files as well as the templates here. Maybe someone can find something.

14. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Hwong

Can you do the following? Edit your extensions massively and select the template that you have. Add a BLF at a position that is not used by anyone (Say BLF 80). Hit Apply and this will rewrite the provisioning files. Then try to Reprovision your phones. Run a wireshark on the server and filter for HTTP (are you using Abyss or IIS?) and see if your phone actually pulls the file.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

To troubleshoot this problem you need to do the following steps:
    1. Factory reset one of the phones and try to provision it again on your PBX.
    If provisioning is OK, it means that during the upgrade (installation) 3CX Phone System IP address (or FQDN), or HTTP port was changed and phone can't get the provisioning file because it still using the old URL.
    To confirm this - Login to the phone web interface (which can't be re-provisioned), go to Settings->Auto Provision page, copy the URL from the Server URL field and compare it with the 3CX Provisioning URL.
    Re-install the V14 with correct 3CX Phone System IP address (or FQDN) and HTTP port and check again - it should fix your problem.
    If provisioning fails, it means that something (Firewall, Antivirus etc...) is blocking the access to HTTP port on Server PC.
    Start the wireshark capture with "ip.addr==PHONE IP && http" filter and analyze the traffic. You should see the HTTP GET request from the phone and HTTP 200 OK from PBX to the phone. If something missed, check the configuration of your Firewall or Antivirus and be sure that the HTTP traffic is not blocked.

Let us know about the results.

16. joebocop

Thanks Aram,

From my Wireshark capture I was able to determine that the phones were failing to validate the 3CX server's certificate. Our SSL certificate provider is not amongst the supported root authorities listed here (http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=2).

To resolve, on the Yealink phones themselves, if I disable the "Only Accept Trusted Certificates" option (see image attached), then phones provision correctly.

Hope this is helpful to someone else, and apologies for hijacking this thread.

Attached Files:

17. hwong

Ok so I tried disabling Trusted Certificates but still the same.

I reset my T46 back to factory and a weird thing happens. We have the 3CX and IP phones on a VLan 164 and I can get the phone on the VLan and it shows up in 3CX with the xxx.xxx.164.xxx IP address but it will provision but then the phone IP changes back to the default VLan of xxx.xxx.154.xxx. The phone works but shows up in the Phones section as both being assigned to my extension with the xxx.xxx.154.xxx address and up at the top with a xxx.xxx.164.xxx and shows as being unassigned.

I'm hesitant to make any massive changes (i.e. changing all the extensions and reprovisioning) and make the situation any worse.

18. hwong

I logged back into the T46 and noticed that the VLan setting got disabled after being provisioned so re-enabling that fixed the IP issue. Still have to figure out the T38 though as that won't re-provision at all.

19. hwong

I ran Wireshark and there is something differenet going on between the T46 and T38. I just don't have any idea what the issue is.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.