Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved upgrade from v14 to 15 using a different license

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kurt5132081, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt5132081

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to backup a v14 server that is using license key "A" and then restore that backup to a v15 install using a different license,different FQDN as well?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kurt5132081 , yes this is possible

In order to do this:
    1. Backup v14 excluding License Key Information and FQDN.
    2. Move the backup file to a neutral location.
    3. Release your license from erp.
    4. Uninstall v14
    5. Install v155
    6. When prompted choose to restore an existing backup configuration using the backup file created in step 1
    7. When prompted insert your license key (which should be already released in step 3) and your new FQDN.

3. kurt5132081

Hi Marios

what i would actually like to do is use a different license key for the v15 install and keep the license key currently in use by the v14 server as is.

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is also possible, just back up V14 without including licence and FQDN and restore it during installation of V155. When prompted enter the preferred licence and FQDN. Note though that sip trunks will be restored as well. This may cause issues as provider will receive registrations from both PBXs/IPs

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kurt5132081

Just a correction on my previous replies.
    As in V14 there is no option to take a backup without including the licence, you will need to take a backup from the v14 with no key installed (free version). To do this you can enter the license key with an incorrect digit so the license will deactivate. Then you would take the backup and restore it during installation. Finally, on the V14 activate with the correct licence once again.

6. kurt5132081

Thanks Marios, i will give this a try,

7. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

8. kurt5132081

Hi Marios

Just another question, in doing this deactivation on the v14 server that is currently activated with a pro license, will i lose any functuonaliy, settings etc and when reactivating the server will it be as it was before.....i just dont want to run into issues where deactuvating the license and reactivating it again results in loss of funtionality or configuration.

9. kurt5132081

thanks again, this worked perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.