• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved upgrade from v14 to 15 using a different license

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt5132081

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to backup a v14 server that is using license key "A" and then restore that backup to a v15 install using a different license,different FQDN as well?

Hello @kurt5132081 , yes this is possible

In order to do this:
  1. Backup v14 excluding License Key Information and FQDN.
  2. Move the backup file to a neutral location.
  3. Release your license from erp.
  4. Uninstall v14
  5. Install v155
  6. When prompted choose to restore an existing backup configuration using the backup file created in step 1
  7. When prompted insert your license key (which should be already released in step 3) and your new FQDN.

Hi Marios

what i would actually like to do is use a different license key for the v15 install and keep the license key currently in use by the v14 server as is.

This is also possible, just back up V14 without including licence and FQDN and restore it during installation of V155. When prompted enter the preferred licence and FQDN. Note though that sip trunks will be restored as well. This may cause issues as provider will receive registrations from both PBXs/IPs

Hello @kurt5132081

Just a correction on my previous replies.
As in V14 there is no option to take a backup without including the licence, you will need to take a backup from the v14 with no key installed (free version). To do this you can enter the license key with an incorrect digit so the license will deactivate. Then you would take the backup and restore it during installation. Finally, on the V14 activate with the correct licence once again.

Thanks Marios, i will give this a try,

Hi Marios

Just another question, in doing this deactivation on the v14 server that is currently activated with a pro license, will i lose any functuonaliy, settings etc and when reactivating the server will it be as it was before.....i just dont want to run into issues where deactuvating the license and reactivating it again results in loss of funtionality or configuration.

thanks again, this worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.