• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

upgrade from v14 to v15 - VAD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdawson

Reaction score
Hi Guys, we upgraded from v14 to v15 last night and had issues with our VAD workflows.

We've since reverted our phone server back to last nights snapshot (it's a VM).

The issue was that none of the VAD workflows would work. We had a similar issue when we upgraded to v14. the solution was to download the new version of VAD and save the workflows, then publish them again.

I tried to do that again , but when I downloaded VAD from the 3cx website I had issues. firstly it said that the phone system was v14 (not v15).

it went through the install then failed saying we did not have the required pre requisites.

I tried the old version, which is licensed and it gave an error regarding a DLL (as it's been reverted I cannot screen grab the error). it did load, but as my workflows use full version features I could not load them.

what is the correct version of VAD to use with v15? Has anyone else had any issues with VAD and v15?

It was announced at launch of V.15 that VAD will not be supported anymore, instead of this some scripts will be available in the future. I would advise to stay on V.14.

oh wow, we totally missed that. as we have some quite complex logic with database lookups, etc, what is the new v15 alternative?

jamesdawson said:
oh wow, we totally missed that. as we have some quite complex logic with database lookups, etc, what is the new v15 alternative?

There is no alternative at the moment. VAD for V15 is still in development. Unfortunately timescales have slipped a bit, they have said now that it will be in the new year when it is released.

For the time being, stay on V14 until they have a release.

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.