upgrade license info

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

In another thread ( https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/trouble-updating-new-service-pack.46777/ ) I asked about updating to a new service pack. In a pm, YiannisH_3CX helpfully explained that I had an in between version that probably can't be automatically updated, and he suggested I back up my setup (other than fqdn and license info), uninstall 3cx, download a new version of 3cx, reinstall it and restore from my backup. That worked fine, but left me with the free license rather than my paid pro license. How do I now move back to my paid pro license?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. asinshesq

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I managed to restore from a backup that did not have fqdn or license info and then re-enter the license info. That worked but I got the following email notice: "The FQDN you configured at installation time is not linked to the license key which is currently activated. As a result, video conferences cannot work. Activate the license used at FQDN creation time or re-install and use your new license key and link it to a new FQDN."

I don't care about fqdn (I don't allow any remote access to my server), so perhaps I can just ignore this message. Or am I better off trying to fix that problem (and if so, how do I fix it?).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

i would recommend fixing the issue so you don't face any future issues. What you need to do is release the license from the FQDN you have (if you don't have access then you reseller has) and re-install using your pro key. Once released it will ask you for a FQDN again. The reason is that the process of binding a license to the an FQDN is done only during the installation process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.