• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

upgrade license info

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinshesq

Customer
Reaction score
In another thread ( https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/trouble-updating-new-service-pack.46777/ ) I asked about updating to a new service pack. In a pm, YiannisH_3CX helpfully explained that I had an in between version that probably can't be automatically updated, and he suggested I back up my setup (other than fqdn and license info), uninstall 3cx, download a new version of 3cx, reinstall it and restore from my backup. That worked fine, but left me with the free license rather than my paid pro license. How do I now move back to my paid pro license?

Thanks.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I managed to restore from a backup that did not have fqdn or license info and then re-enter the license info. That worked but I got the following email notice: "The FQDN you configured at installation time is not linked to the license key which is currently activated. As a result, video conferences cannot work. Activate the license used at FQDN creation time or re-install and use your new license key and link it to a new FQDN."

I don't care about fqdn (I don't allow any remote access to my server), so perhaps I can just ignore this message. Or am I better off trying to fix that problem (and if so, how do I fix it?).

i would recommend fixing the issue so you don't face any future issues. What you need to do is release the license from the FQDN you have (if you don't have access then you reseller has) and re-install using your pro key. Once released it will ask you for a FQDN again. The reason is that the process of binding a license to the an FQDN is done only during the installation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.