Upgrade to 12.5 and hotel module

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lukepower, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukepower

Hello,

we are using 3CX v12 in a hotel environment, and would now like to upgrade to 12.5. However, I seem to be unable to find any documentation whenever the hotel module would work after the upgrade or not. Do you have any information on this?

Thanks

Lukas

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Lukas,
    Yes for the moment hotel module has not yet been updated, however it will work fine if you keep v12 default web ports on v12.5 : 5000/5001.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kbrv

Hi, this is incorrect. The hotel module appears to work with 12.5 as long as you leave the standard ports in place but the PMS integration will not work.
    When can we expect to see an updated Hotel module that will work with 12.5 or the upcoming v14 ?

Glen.

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Glen,
    Indeed, current situation is that the hotel module is supported only with v12. Can't advise for an ETA I'm afraid, kindly wait for an official announcement through our blog release section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kbrv

Hi, I have just tried the new Hotel Module 12/12.5 build 44046 July 2015.
    Unfortunately this new version does not work either with 3CX 12 or 12.5

Current System 3CX 12 SP6. After uninstalling HM build 36583 and installing new build 44046 the selection dropdown for the Maid Status IVR does not allow you to select anything other than the current Wake UP IVR. No other IVR's are available for selection even tough they are configured on the 3CX server.

I have also tried upgrading to 3CX 12.5, both service packs; both before and after upgrading the HM; and get the same result every time with HM 44046.
    I suspect that this may simply be an issue with the 3cxHotelConfFile.xml but that hard to tell as neither version mentions the maid Status/Mini Bar IVR in the file. Where are these other two IVR's configured in the system if you want to make the change manually ?
    I really hope some time is devoted to this module as its critical for our business and we are unable to upgrade the 3CX server to 12.5 or 14 without it.

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Kindly open a support ticket (yourself or through reseller) in Hotel department so that this can be investigated further.

7. kbrv

Support worked with me on this issue and provided the following procedure to work around this until a new HM is published.

We have confirmed this as a bug - thanks for reporting.

You can solve this .. But pay attention and follow procedure exactly.

Go and delete Maid Code DR from the PBX side.
    Add it again.
    After that go to HM and configure it (but you have only 1 chance to do this.
    If you make a change to the hotel module configuration, you would need to delete the IVR Again.

Use this trick until we give you a fix... Thanks for your patience on this one.

Then after a couple of further enquiries Ernesto very kindly send me the following as further information on how the module functions. I found this information an invaluable explanation and wish to thank him for taking the time to send it.
    I hope others also find this useful.

Hi Glen,

Let me explain how things work so you understand why you need to delete that IVR to fix the issue.

First, in the 3CX Management Console > Digital Receptionists node, you create the Wake UP DR (currently on extension 8000) and configure it with a WAV file saying for example "This is your wake up call". That is the digital receptionist that will be connected to the guest room extension when the wake up call is made. For example, if the guest room extension is 1000, at the wake up time the system will make a call to extension 1000 and connect it to extension 8000, so the user hears the message "This is your wake up call".

Second, from the 3CX Hotel Management Console > File > Configuration, you set the Wake UP DR in the first drop down box "Wake-Up Digital Receptionist" (that is the Digital Receptionist you currently have in extension 8000), and then you enter an extension for "Wake-Up Guest IVR Extension" (the extension that users will dial to configure the wake up call using the phone via IVR). When you configure an extension number here, the system will actually create 2 IVRs:
    - Wake-Up Guest IVR > This is the IVR used by users to configure their wake up calls.
    - Wake-Up Callback IVR > This is the IVR used by the system to notify the receptionist if a wake up call has failed, so the receptionist can take action.

The system automatically selects the extension for the "Wake-Up Callback IVR" as the next available extension after "Wake-Up Guest IVR". So, for example, if you select "8" as the extension number for "Wake-Up Guest IVR" the system will automatically assign "9" to "Wake-Up Callback IVR" (if extension 9 is free).

That's how the system works. Therefore, in order to change the extension number of the "Wake-Up Callback IVR" you need to delete it, and then re-configure the extension for the "Wake-Up Guest IVR" in the Hotel Module Management Console > File > Configuration. Just changing the extension number will not work, because the system has a reference to it in another parameter, so if you edit the number you will break the callback functionality (call to the receptionist to alert a missed wake up call).

Hope the information helps, and please let me know if you need additional information about this.

Kind regards.

Ernesto
    VAD & CRM support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.