Upgrade to 12.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jameswilson, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameswilson

Trying to upgrade our system to latest and we have an active support key.
    Its not showing in the the updates section of admin and when i verify the key after dowloading the install package it says its for a previous version of 3cx.

Any Ideas on how to proceed.
    I was going to do it over the weekend to minimise disruption.

James
    Secure It All

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Major version upgrades require Backup - uninstall - install - restore.
    This is per the Admin manual available here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/12-5-phone-system-presentation/

As far as the key saying its for the wrong version, I would contact your reseller.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Hey James,
    You mention you an active 'support' key, but maintenance and support are different. It's possible to have support with 3CX (or with your reseller) but not have active maintenance. So you definitely want to check with your reseller, as I've done upgrades for several customers with active maintenance and no issue. Just in case it is a bug, you can try just skipping the key input on the install, as a restore will put your key in anyways. Do keep in mind that if your maintenance is not current, then this won't work either, and you'll have to uninstall and just reinstall v12 and restore your backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jameswilson

Sorry it is maintenance not support. We paid in december for another 12 months. I got the key from the admin setting page and just pasted it in.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Does the license page from your current v12 show the maintenance as active with an expiration date in 12/2015?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.