Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eeknz, Jan 28, 2015.
Is the 11 > 12.5 migration a one step upgrade, or do I have to go 11 > 12 > 12.5?
Kindly note that you'll have to :
- ensure you are running latest service pack for v11 (sp4A),
- uninstall 3cx phone system,
- install v12 (from our website you'll get latest version with sp6.1),
- backup on 12,
- install 12.5
- restore latest backup.
I'm intending to do the same. I have current maintenance.
Where do I download v12 from?
Never mind I guessed from the v11 update offer post, but for others these worked for me
I had a look at the upgrade instruction
but was still unsure about a couple of things
Just to clarify.
Is the purpose of installing v12 just to convert a v11 backup to a v12 backup? If so can I just do it on a test rig not connected to my usual phone network?
Do I need to update the MyPhone client on all computers while running v12 or can I wait and do that once with v12.5?
Do I need to configure features new to v12 like "Extension Management Permissions", "Extension Groups" etc or can that all wait to v12.5?
- Yes the purpose up installing v12 is just to convert a v11 backup to v12 backup. Theoretically you can do it anywhere, but I've always done it 'in-place'
- The v12/v125 MyPhone is a completely re-written client, there is no upgrade. So you would deploy the client via the welcome email in v125 and you will need to remove the old v11 client manually.
- You can wait till you get on v125 for the Extension Management stuff. It will just default everyone in the same group/permissions