• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Upgrade to V12 lost Phone Configs

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcio

Free User
Reaction score
So, sitting here in the clients office 3 hours after 3CX support told me to upgrade to V12 to 'fix' an issue we had with MyPhone and now I can't get into the GUI on each Yealink T28 phones. The user/pass is not working, even factory defaulted one phone and admin/admin is not working. Google foo is not working out well for me this evening and client is sitting here watching my every move, since this IS the lifeline to their business.
Is there some expert out there that can help me get over the hump here and get into these phones GUI?
Of course 3CX support is closed now!
Thanks
Jeff

No expert help required here, have a look at the "what's new in V12".

In V12, the administrator password of the phone web GUI ist set by the 3CX PhonesSystem during auto provisioning of the phones. Log on to the management console, go to the extension's provisioning tab, look at the web password.

Rogue - TY!
Obviously I didn't read the 'What's New in V12' as I was operating off a support ticket that gave me explicit instructions on upgrading from V11 to V12. They did NOT include all these little details that I might have needed. Also, when I upgraded from previous versions to V11, I did not encounter things of this sort.
Appreciate it, now I can fix the DSS Key settings that were removed during the reconfiguration phase.
Jeff

I am curios as to what kind of a problem with the old MyPhone Assistant would have prompted such a hurried upgrade... of course you don't have to tell us, I just can't really think of any thing that grave in my little head.

Any way, several improvements in V12 concern additional security, one of them being that the admin pwd of the phones gets set. Now a non working phone from a user is normally a technical problem, and not because some one with internet access googled cool things to do with sip phones and started playing around till the phone don't work no more with the 3CX phone system..

:)

To answer your question, I didn't think it was hurried as I was following instructions from 3CX email support. This email was sent to me on Tuesday 9/3:
"Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your email.

There have been some changes in this area of V12.

I suggest upgrading to V12 as soon as you have a chance.

However are you running IIS or Abyss?

Regards

XXXXXXXX

Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
UK: +44 (0) 845 524 0003 (8am-8pm UK time)
UK: +44 (0) 203 327 2023 (8am-8pm UK time)
US & Canada: +1 (404) 891 6329 (9am-5pm EST)
Italy: +39 055 093 5440 (9am-9pm CET)
Germany: +49 (0) 89 220 615 92 (8:30am-5pm CET)
Netherlands: +31 (0) 85 273 3336 (9am-9pm CET) - English only
Sweden: +46 (0) 855806055 (9am-9pm CET) - English only
Australia & New Zealand: +61 (0)2 8015 5591 (4pm-7am AEST (GMT +10))
Hong Kong: +852 58081948 (9am-9pm CET)
Rest of World: +356 2316 8333 (9am-9pm CET)

I was trying to solve other issues....now it appears we have more than we wanted to from the upgrade!
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.