Upgrade V12.5 to V14 Licence question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Barnesm6, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnesm6

We purchased v12 earlier this year which includes one year maintenance so as I understand it we can upgrade to v14 at no cost. My question is do I need a new licence number or can I use the V12 licence to activate V14?

Thanks

2. positron

As long as your maintenance has not expired, the same license key is used to activate v14. Your current license key will be restored and activated when you restore your data from the v12.5 backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barnesm6

Thanks for that.

4. chris.moses

Just verifying that this is indeed how my system behaved when I upgraded. The restore pulled in the correct license and maintenance end date.

5. acatt

I updated to v14 and then restored the v12.5 backup, but it did NOT restore my license.
    When I manually try to install the license, I first got the error "This license key is already activated on this server." (V14 is on a new Hyper-V machine, Windows 2008).
    I went into the old VM and converted it to a free instance, but that did not solve the problem.
    I deleted the blue keys from regedit, and now when I enter the key, it correctly displays my version until I leave the license window, when it reverts to a free instance.
    Please help! Thanks!

6. acatt

I forgot to mention: I'm getting an Server activity log error:
    License Info: Load Failed - 47

7. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You need to put in a ticket with 3CX support to have them fix this. It is likely locked to the MAC address of the old server. Send them your license key to speed things up. If you are not a reseller go through the company you used to make the purchase and have them submit the ticket.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.