• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Upgraded to V14, call from Outlook 2010 no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaterku

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I upgraded our system to V14 this morning. All is working well with exception to the call from Outlook function via the contact list. I upgraded the 3CX plugins to 14.0.882.859 alongside the 3CXPhone14 and I for the life of me cannot get the call from Outlook function to work. When I initiate the call from Outlook (right click, call contact with 3CX), it acts like the action was made but the 3cxphone does not receive the command. There is nothing registering with the 3cx box and nothing on the activity log.

Any ideas?

thanks!
Nick

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I've the same problem.

On version 12.5 version outlook plugin worked without any problems.

Massimo

I have the same problem, was working fine on V12.5 but now no luck on V14 on Windows 7 with Outlook 2010.

I can make a call from the 3CX client but just not Outlook or TAPI, and is it me or can't u install no Outlook and TAPI at the same time.

Anyone got it to work so far?

At the moment with the latest V14 3CXPhone App and the latest 3CX Plugins version, you need a Pro License key for it to work. It is very likely though that in the next update for the 3CXPhone app this will be adjusted.

Hello Nick,

I really hope you add this feature back to all versions. I have 5 3CX clients that have upgraded to version 14 and are really pissed that a feature has been taken away. With most upgrades, features are added.

This was one of the main selling points for 3CX and now it's gone unless you have Pro? Not a good move.

NickD_3CX said:
At the moment with the latest V14 3CXPhone App and the latest 3CX Plugins version, you need a Pro License key for it to work. It is very likely though that in the next update for the 3CXPhone app this will be adjusted.

Nick - is this true? I had the understanding that the OL crms came with standard and Pro was required for other CRMs. In fact, here is a quote from your web site:

Download 3CXPlugins

CRM integration for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office 365 comes as standard with any 3CX Phone System commercial license. Users of other CRM applications require a 3CX Phone System Pro License. Upgrade or purchase the Pro edition today! Check out the full and upgrade pricing here.

Maybe it was a mistake that the OL crm integration was not in standard.

Now that I think about it, it seems to me that I have customers with v14 standard that are using the CRM plugin for OL.

????
Allen

Thanks Allen!!!! Nick, how can we get the Outlook Call-to-click ASAP? Asking my clients is unacceptable. Thanks.

@12494 and @ldeeder

You will have to open a ticket with the 3CX Support Department and they will be able to help you sort it out.

Of course, the Standard License does and will continue to be available in the Standard License Key, in the latest build though there is some sort of issue that only affects this function in a Standard License environment, it will be fixed though in the next update which is nearly ready.

Thank you Nick for your help. I just emailed you the log file. I hope this helps.

Sorry for my delay again, I have been out of the office on site for the last month.

-Nick

Is this problem solved yet?
I'm using 3CX v14 and Outlook 2010. But there Outlook is not shown in the 3CX plugin manager and in Outlook there is no "dial using 3CX" menu entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sprice352
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.