Upgrading Firmware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Hi I have several Extensions with more than one phone, ie one extension has two phones a Yealink T20 and T26. The T20 is at home. It appears within 3CX if an Extension has more than one phone you cannot upgrade the Firmware via the Phone Tab within 3CX, the button is greyed out. Does anyone know how to upgrade the firmware? If I remove one phone via the Extensions tab, then Phone Provisioning tab, I can upgrade the firmware, but this is a bit of a hassle, then having to reauthorise it.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Jason,
    Is your 3CX activated and covered by maintenance ? (required to have the option available)
    Are you on v12 SP6 ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Yes, all covered. V12 SP6. It is only an issue with Extensions with more than one phone attached/registered to it. One Extension I have a T20 and T22 registered and the upgrade Firmware button is diabled. If I click on another extension with only one phone regsitered to it, the button is enabled.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jason,

For this to work correctly I believe the phones must be registered using PnP method, not manually. Also make sure you have downloaded the latest Provisioning Templates for the phones from the Management Console -> 3CX Phone Updates -> Phone Provisioning. Despite what it might say select all and press download. Then re-provision the phones making sure you have the Default Templates selected.

Keep in mind that if an extension is registered to 2 IP phones of the same make & model then the "Upgrade Firmware" button is inactive but this is by design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.