Solved Upgrading from 15.0.62928.5 to 15.5.1694.0 results in exit code -1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Shawn, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

I just installed what I thought was the latest version downloaded from 3CX on 8/27 but after the installation and configuration I see that my current version is 15.0.62928.5 and an update to 15.5.1694.0 is available. When I select the update and allow it to proceed I'm immediately logged out of the web portal but I don't see any activity in the Windows task manager (this is a 2012R2 intallation). I can log back into the web portal and am presented with the update options again as if nothing has happened.

I get an exit code of -1 emailed to me with a subject line of "update complete" but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Shawn

When you press update and you are logged off do you see the 3CX services stopping from the task manager? Is there a stuck service?
    Also is the windows machine up to date with windows updates? Can you correctly resolve downloads.3cx.com?

3. Shawn

Shawn New Member

the 3cx services don't seem to do anything after i proceed with the update. there does not seem to be a service stuck either. the windows machine was not update to date however, i've caught up with all of the updates today except for .net 4.7 which i can't release from my wsus server due to incompatibility with exchange 2013. so the only update not installed is .net 4.7. i can resolve to downloads.3cx.com and if i open a browser and go to that address, i get a blank screen with the tab saying "i am here us". i tried the upgrade again and still, nothing happens. no activity in the task manager. i've noticed that after a reboot, if i try the update, i don't get email notifications. if i try again (without rebooting), i get the update complete email with exit code -1. the the exact content of the email is:

Update finished with the following result:

Updater1 finished with exit code -1

any more suggestions?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Is the exchange server and the PBX installed on the same machine? If you have an antivirus software installed on the server i would recommend you un-install it and t ry again. Also disable windows firewall to make sure nothing is being blocked.

5. Shawn

Shawn New Member

no exchange installed on this machine. i tried the update a few more times and had the same result. tried it again on friday and got an email that the update was complete on saturday. i don't know what changed and i don't know why it took so long. once the update was complete to 15.5 there was one other update to take it up to the latest version of 15.5. initiating that update had the same results and acted the same. the update was completed about a day later. i don't know why but it's working so i'm going to leave it alone.

thanks for your help

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear it is working. If you face the issue again please let us know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.