Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Upgrading from V10 to V15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xirgo, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xirgo

Hello all,

Does anyone know if its possible to restore data from v10 to a new v15 instance?

I've been trying to find the documentation for this but have not found anywhere that answers this questions specifically.

Hopefully someone can help!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't believe that you can go more than two (major) versions. So...you'd have to restore to 12.5, backup, then (perhaps)restore to 14, then 15. If you have a second machine to test on, you could try going from 12.5 to 15. Just make lots of backups to be on the safe side.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I did a 10 to 15 a couple of weeks ago.. had to stop at 12SP2 for the license server.. and pick up a patch from 3CX Support in the middle of that.

That, of course, is an aside to the backup/restore. That was fairly successful, though in reality next time I could probably just restore at 15, backup the extensions and directory.. jot the rest, and rebuild it next time.

I'll be doing a 9 to 15 upgrade. Oh goody. Fortunately they are tiny.. rebuilding should be easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.