Upgrading from v15 to v15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

I'd just like to clarify: v15 to 15.5 upgrade on Windows is an in-place upgrade? Is there any configuration after the upgrade and how much down time should I expect?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @imabev

The answer to your question will vary depending on which service pack you are running on V15.
    If you on a early V15 service pack i would recommend backing up the system, un-installing and re-installing the latest service pack and restoring from the backup during the installation.
    How long this would take depends on the size of your backup as well as the speed of the machine.

If you are on the last service pack of V15 then you can update your PBX through the management console. It is s step by step upgrade which means you have to go through all service packs.
    Each upgrade can take up to 15-20 minutes depending on the machine and you download speed.
    Generally speaking this will take longer than the first option depending of course on how many service packs you need to install. Always have a backup before starting an upgrade.

3. imabev

Thank you Yiannis. I am on version 15.0.62928.5. My backup size is 1.5gb

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can use either option. Personally i would perform a full backup of the system (save the backup to a non 3CX location), un-install the current version and re-install the new. Once the installation wizard begins select restore from backup and point the wizard to your backup. If you install on the same machine with the same local IP you should have no issues. How long the process would take depends on the hardware specifications of the machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.