Upgrading of License from v11 to latest version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xdane, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdane

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and I'm glad to be part of the 3CX community. Our company has been using 3CX PBX for quite a while now and we also have an existing vendor that we contact for support. We are also paying them an annual fee for our license upgrade-ability agreement.

So here's the question, is our existing license (v11) eligible to be used on v15.5 since we're technically paying them annually for this?

Thank you very much!
    xdane

#1 xdane, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. pact

pact New Member

Assuming your support vendor has been renewing it and not just taking your money, then yes your key is eligible for the latest version, this is what Annual Maintenance is for.

You should be able to find out your own Licence information from the Customer portal;

As you've likely never logged in with it before you'll need to first reset your password via this link: https://customer.3cx.com/passwordresetter/resetpassword.aspx
    (The Email will go to the registered email that's in your 3CX Licence page).

This will then show you your Licence Key, Key Expiry and Maintenance Expiry. If this is showing that you are out of date then you will have to follow up with your Vendor as to what you were paying for.

If this shows you are still valid, then you can go ahead with the installation. (But be aware V11 requires a few steps to get to V15.5, its not a one step upgrade).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xdane

Hello pact,

Thank you for the reply, very much appreciated. I asked the IT guy on-site and he told me that when he tried to use the license for v12, he got an error about an invalid or old license. Does that mean our license was not being updated by our vendor?

#3 xdane, Jul 18, 2017
  4. xdane

Update:

I think we got the email address but I don't know what is the username used for this. I tried logging in using the email address but it shows invalid. I have the information of the license though.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@xdane

You probably want to work with a partner for this. Check your PM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. xdane

Hi,

Okay, I checked our license status in our 3CX server and it shows that our "Upgrade Insurance" is valid to December 2017.

Thank you!

#6 xdane, Jul 18, 2017
  7. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Unfortunately you can't go straight from v11 to v15.5 . You'd have to go v11 -> v12 -> v12.5 -> v15 -> v15.5 (sacrificing call logs/history) or v11 -> v12 -> v12.5 -> v14 -> v15.5 to keep history. If you have a smaller install or a standard install you might be better exporting or filling out the bulk import templates and just doing a fresh v15.5 install and recreating your system. Be aware of the FQDN/SSL requirements.

8. pact

pact New Member

Also be aware of the additional port forwards required with the newer version.

9. xdane

Yes, we're aware of the step-by-step version upgrade. However, we cannot do this without a valid upgraded license... our license is only valid for v11 and we cannot use it on other versions. Can any 3CX support assist me on this? Our upgrade insurance is valid though.

10. pact

pact New Member

You simply have to activate it on a newer 3CX install for it to show V15.5 on that screen.

So if your upgrade insurance is valid, then you can happily activate it on the upgraded install.

Shoot an email to info@3cx.com with your licence key and they can confirm it all for you :)

11. xdane

Hi Pact,

Yes, we've tried it before and we got an invalid license error instead.

12. pact

pact New Member

3CX made some changes to how keys activate back in V12.5, so its possible your key may need to be replaced then as well.

Assuming this email still works, try an email to upgrade@3cx.com and they should be able to resolve this.

13. xdane

Thank you, Pact.

#13 xdane, Jul 18, 2017
  14. pact

pact New Member

15. xdane

Unfortunately, you got that right.. we only have one reseller in our area. :(

16. pact

pact New Member

Well maybe you can branch out a little, plenty of 3CX Partners will be happy to support a remote system. :)

17. xdane

We are quite remote actually so finding a support that can visit us is a bit hard. (We're in an island in Pacific...)

18. Bianca

3CX Support

Hi there,

If you sent an email to info@3cx.com they will assist you with the upgrade if you have active maintenance.

19. xdane

Thanks, Bianca! I did send an email to upgrade@3cx.com, will that be okay? or should I resend it to info@3cx.com?

I haven't received any reply though.

20. Bianca

3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.