Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Uprading firmware on yealink T22/T28

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

I have tried every possible combination I can think of to update the firmware of my T22 and T28 phones. I have tried it from the web gui and the wmc. I have deleted and re-uploaded the firmware. I have tried upgrading the firmware with the rom file in the t28/t22 folder and outside of the folder (in the root dir).

When I start the upgrade process, the phones go through all of the paces - restarting - updating config - etc. But the firmware never updates.

What's that last simple step I need to do to get these to update? Going in to each phone's gui works but not a preferable option on 100+ phones.

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

If you upgrading from x.61 to x.70 read this article:

http://yealink.com/Upload/Version/T2XV70/V70%20Upgrading%20Manual.pdf

3. imabev

I read this doc a few times and I am not getting it. Is the first step changing the y00000...cfg file on the 3CX server? I need to get to a place to upgrade all firmware from the 3CX console.

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

The config file format change makes it a PITA. What I've done is FD the phone and then manually upgrade the firmware via the phone gui. Once the phones are on v70 you should be able to upgrade via 3CX going forward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 10Gauge

Yeah, I had success just doing it by the phone's web interface - simple as pie.
    There seems to be a lot of misdirection on how to do this, but just do it on the phone's web interface for simplicity.

As for the FDing part.. if that means 'F..ing Disconnect' - yep, that is what I did )))

(using acronyms in help messages should not be SOP (standard operating procedure) without explanation, but often seems to occur)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.