• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

URGENT: DTMF tones not sent when transferring out from IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsey

Premier Customer
Reaction score
Hi

As the subject says, I am fairly sure this used to work, but currently DTMF tones are not being passed out when a call comes into a VAD flow, then are transferred out to another number - either internal or external, any DTMF tones the caller sends are not included in the audio!

This is really important for us, and I don't understnad why or when it has stopped working. Please help!

Millsey

Re: URGENT: DTMF tones not sent when transferring out from I

Hi Millsey,

This is probably due to a misconfiguration of some VoIP Gateway used to receive the calls.

There are different methods to send the DTMF information in a VoIP call, if the gateway is configured to send them in-band, pretty sure they will be lost in the way. Some useful information here:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dtmf-rfc2833/

Kind regards.

millsey?

What did you do to fix this?

We just upgraded to v15 and after about 16 hours, the dtmf doesn't work for inbound calls and their stuck in the IVR. Rebooting the system fixed the problem. However without getting to the root of the problem I feel this is going to be an issue.

Jay

Sorry - I don't know, the issue we had was that DTMF was not sent after going through an IVR and transferrring - not during the IVR itself. We don't use much IVR, it is all VAD for us so we are waiting on v14.5 until we know what v15 VAD / whatever looks like.

Millsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.