Urgent Help Needed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alicic, Nov 14, 2007.

1. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo to all,

I have configured 3xc Phone system with Grandstream 4104 Analog gateway. I use only one FXO line. Gateway is registered to to 3CX Phone system and I have the line in 3cx seen as connected.

When I make external call (from X-lite) it is first connected to Line (PBX line 1000 in 3CX). .In the line (10000 in this case) I see that it is connected, though my pfone (GSM does not ring). Than after few seconds (approximately my phone is ringing). This is ok, and every thing is working perfect.

What I want to ask you, is it possible for the line 1000 not to be connected (timer in line 1000 to stay not connected) until I answer the call from mobile.
    This is of very importance, since I am using some SIP application for making calls to outside, and as soon as it is connected to line (line 10000 in 3cx) it starts playing the file. I want the application to play file when it is connected to ouztside number, and that is why I do not want line 1000 to indicate that it is connected before Gateway dials mobile number and is connected to it.

Anybody knows how to configure this. I have tried and searched for parameters in Gatway and also in 3cx system but without success.

I am waiting for your replay, it is very urtgent.

regards,

2. NMN

NMN

What exactly do you mean by 'it starts playing the file'? (What file is played and for what purpose?)
    Are you referring to inbound or outbound calls (viewed from 3CX)?

NMN

3. alicic

alicic New Member

Foregt about playing file. It is only my application that is initiating a call to outside number.

What is important is when I call from x-lite phone, the line 1000 should be in idle state until call is connected to my mobile number.

The case is now: X.lite connects first to line 1000 (you see it connected with 1000 line before my gsm phone number rings) and then after 15 seconds my phone rings.

How can be changed?

Any idea,

4. NMN

NMN

I am not sure that it can. What you are describing seems to me to be standard behavior for 3CX (or any other phone system for that matter) when calling a cell (handy) network. Usually when calling a land line the ring tone comes on right after you initiate the call, but most cell network (I think) verify the clients availability before the ring tone is sent. I have seen this in the extreme, where the cell will ring before the first ring tone is heard by the caller.

HTH

NMN

5. alicic

alicic New Member

I can tell you that I tested X-lite with Cisco Call Manager Express (running as SIP Proxy) running on Router 2801 and connected to PSTN through BRI. When I initiate a call from X-litem it does not show connected until I answer a call from my mobile.

I want also the same behaviour with 3cx SIP. I assume it can be done.

Thanx for your reply,

6. NMN

NMN

I am a bit confused. The X-lite messages for call progression are "Calling ...", "Ringing ... " and "Call established ..." Are you saying X-lite progresses directly from "Calling ... " to "Call established ..." without showing "Ringing ..." and does so before your cell rings, or is it just the 3CX line status you are referring to (which I understood when you wrote "you see it connected with 1000 line before my gsm phone number rings")?

NMN

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Do not explicitly bind x-lite account to media server. Also, it will not work for external phones, because they are bound to MS in any case.

8. alicic

alicic New Member

NMN. X-lite is in the stat of "calling" then "call established" with 1000 line and then after 15 seconds of "call establish" my GSM mobile rings. Again I do not want "call establised" to be present in line 1000 before I realy answer call on my GSM number.

hope I was clear enough

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Perfectly clear, but as i have already said - it is not possible for external phone, because it is immediately connected to media server, thus it gets status 'established'

10. alicic

alicic New Member

Thanx for the reply, archi.

Any other possibility that comes to your mind, maybe.

11. NMN

NMN

Just FYI ... I have not experienced such problems, even after binding to the MS. I always have the extra lag between initiating the call and the cell network having verified the phone being on-line before X-Lite sounds the ring tone, but the progression is normal either way - calling, ringing, established - with the cell ringing when, or immediately (<1s) after the softphone shows the call as established.

12. LLangston

Not just real sure of your set up or your application but I do have a possible suggestion...Would it be possible to set up a delay on your wav file? In other words set it up so that the wav file has to wait x amount of seconds before beginning to play.

13. alicic

alicic New Member

But you do not know how many sseconds it will take for a user to anser a call from land line or GSM mobile, wright

14. LLangston

Now days most people have either voice mail or an answering machine and generally those are set to answer after 4 rings, then if you allow time for the greeting...basically figure time for the equivalent of 6-7 rings or about 30-35 seconds.

15. alicic

alicic New Member

This will be used for time critical application, for example sending a call outside telling the user that "Alarm Happend Somewhere", so there should not be a real "connected" indication when the user ansews a call,

regards

16. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo ,

I would like to share with you an answer I got from Grandstream support concerning my problem, please read it, it may be of help to you to who want to implement somthing like my implementation,

Unfortunately, our GW in current implementation can not be used in your application. Our device functioning as a Back2Back user agent by design. It means that once call was initiated toward our device, first we will answer a call and will establish an RTP path between call initiator and our device, and after that will start dial outside number. At this mode, call initiator will hear all call progress tones from PSTN world directly through opened channel. This behavior was designed to make our device able to be installed all other the world, and call initiator will always get familiar from legacy usage behavior ( dial tones, busy tones, reorder tones, etc...)
    We are familiar that such implementation looking problematic for Billing implementations and for example given by you. For billing purposes we are currently working on implementation of RADIUS client inside our device which will report to billing server actual status of any originated call. In case of your application we do not have solution.

Does anybody from you know the gateway that does not behace like this and is used with 3cx,

regards,