URGENT: Intercom stopped working after upg to v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by philbert66, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philbert66

I upgraded v11 to v12 today, and the *9 functionality does not work, it seems to strip the *9 - the phones just ring.

I did reactivate the license, as I understand this isn't available without a license, even though I had already activated it after upgrade, but that didn't help. We are using Yealink T28 phones. They show Intercom and intercom warning tone are both enabled.

I'm hoping this is something simple.

Thanks for any help!

cheers,

Phil

Attached Files:

2. philbert66

Re: Intercom stopped working after upg to v12

I updated firmware on 2 phones to 2.72.0.30 for testing ("latest," as has been recommended so often), with nearly the same outcome. The only difference is I find that one and only one of my T28 (2.70.0.103) responds correctly to *9 from ONE but not BOTH of my newly updatd T28 (2.72.0.30).

Strange outcome.

3. philbert66

Same exact scenerio with downgrading firmware on the two test T28 with 2.71.0.165 - one of them can intercom the T28 (.2.70.0.103), but not the other; neither can intercom each other or any other tested station (2.70.0.103).

Thoughts from others would be handy.

Good Sunday to you.

Phil

4. philbert66

NEXT:
    Using the same two test T28 phones (2.71.0.165)
    Using the out-of-the-box prov. template from 3cx
    FD both phones, thew away the mac file, added a setting to recreate the mac file, provisioned manually without any of my own custom cfg settings, so these are pristine v12 + T28 phones -

Still no intercom, except the one phone can intercom that one other phone, but not each other, or any other phone.

On the up-side, it looks like using the default T28 provisioning template made the "UNPROVISIONED" go away, just for these two phones. All other phones say UNPROVISIONED.

5. philbert66

At the moment, the test phones have 2.71.0.168 with the same exact outcome.

6. philbert66

SOLVED: Intercom stopped working after upg to v12

The answer was to look at what stations intercom was working on - then look to see what they have in common: aha, they're all in "Default" group (extension groups).

We have groups for A, B, C, etc. by username for easier use of 3cx myphone - receptionists can find users more easily. Only problem, inercom is off by default, except in Default group.

Moved everyone into default, tested, works.

whew.

Thannks,
    Phil

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Do you still have '*9' code defined into advanced settings | dial codes of 3CX PhoneSystem ?
    In latest 3CX V12 service packs there is no code by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. philbert66

yep, things are working now. I think if you restore from backup of v11 it keeps it, because i didn't have to create the *9 code, it was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.