URGENT NEED HELP, phone sytem got struct by lighting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3397premier, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3397premier

Our phone system got struct by lighting yesterday. Now we have lot of phone problem like: 1 or 2 way no audio, hear static on the phone. I don't know where to start to troubleshoot the issue. So far we called Comcast to replace the modem because the speed just went up and down in huge gap. We are trying to troubleshoot the phone problem right now. Any suggestion really appreciate, thanks for your help

Our equipments
    7 switches
    1 router (asa 5505)
    Comcast internet modem (use for VOIP)
    3cx server (Dell R510 with window 2008 64bits r2)

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I would begin by disconnecting all the phones
    Check your server make sure all services are running
    run firewall checker
    re connect phones one at a time
    same with switches

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charris

I am not sure there is much you can do. Even the components that look ok might develop problems soon or later. The best is to push for the insurance to change everything - hoping the system is included in the insurance.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I would start by uploading your backup files to a machine operating correctly for an immediate work around until you get your server operational or replaced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Use a known "good" (one that wasn't plugged in at the time of the strike) phone, for any trouble shooting .

Backup and replace the server. Work out from there adding pieces of equipment one at a time.

You can even restore to a PC/laptop, for testing purposes.

Even running the "free" edition will allow you to test the phones and switches for problems.

If you don't already have one, go out an buy a good quality UPS and add surge/lightning protectors through out the network/LAN as much as practical.

If you live in an area where lightning strikes occur, and it appears you do, it is worth the extra cost for protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.