Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

URGENT NEED HELP SETTING UP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by certainr, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. certainr

Hi,
    Im new on this. I need Help.
    This is what I need: I have a analog line, that when people call I want for a digital desk to answer and say dial 1 for sales 2 for suppot etc.....When you dial for example 1 for sales the call will be routed to skype users. Is this possible?
    I was reading I need a gateway to get the analog line to 3CX. What do I have to buy and how can I configure this to work?

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    Yes, this can be done.
    This is the same thing when having a hardware PSTN device.
    For Example when you install a hardware PSTN device, first of all you set up a digital receptionist with the prompt desired ( for sales press 1 .... ) In the DR you can set up that if for example you select 1, when a call hits the DR and 1 is selected it goes to which you set before. e.g 1 connect to ext 100 / 999 / 700 and so on. Also you need to set up correctly the PSTN Device too. So when a call hits to the PSTN device it will forward the call to the DR and then to the extensions.

The same thing for Skype, create a DR with the prompt desired. Then create a port for skype gateway so it will register to the PBX. Open the PSTN devices in the PBX side and select Connect to DR with the DR you created.

Then open the interface of Sype gateway, use same ports as created in the PBX side. Create a user account for skype and run the gateway.

Please read this doc which will help you alot in how to configure skype gateway with 3CX PBX -
    http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html

If you find any problems, please contact me.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.