US Daylight Savings tonight

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abc123, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc123

abc123 Active Member

For those of us in the 48 2/3 states (Hawaii and the Navajo Nation in AZ excluded) that have DST, the clocks go forward tonight.

Just a reminder to check the settings in your PBX (Settings > Phone Provisioning >General tab).

Remember if you make a change you will have to get 3cx to update the provisioning file for each extension also and then reprovision the phones (or let them do it on their next cycle).

This has to be changed each year as the setting is a hard date and not a "2nd Sunday in March" type rule (because the phones all use the same format of a date rather than a rule).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ned7077

The Grandstream GXP2000 phone supports a rule format that I have been using with Asterisk. The rule is a royal pain to figure out but it is:

P246 = 03,02,7,02,00;11,01,7,02,00;60

I am new to 3cx so I did change the date of daylight savings but I think I can update the template with my rule for the Grandstream phones.

Now that rule is the default in the GXP2000 user manual:
    http://www.grandstream.com/support/gxp_series/general/documents/gxp_usermanual_english.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.