Solved USA West Coast server?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidWebb, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidWebb

Not sure when it disappeared as an option, but with us being in Oregon, our Video Conferencing quality and delay is practically unusable with Canada or USA East selected.

Is it possible to self host the web meeting server along side the 3CX phone system?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi David,

We've gone ahead and removed that server from the production meeting servers list as it seemed to be quite unstable networking wise.
    We've ordered a fresh batch of meeting servers that should be arriving some time soon. We will of course be getting some more servers to cover the entire US geographical area.

You can find a map attached to this thread for your information.

MhUcJaY.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@DavidWebb

Hi David,

We've gone ahead and added a new USA West Coast server. Please do try it out and let us know how your experience was.
    We'l be also adding a server in Seattle, San Jose, Kansas and Mexico if any of those servers are any closer to you. They should be up and running some point this week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DavidWebb

Thank You. Is there anything I have to do to have it show up? I'm not seeing it yet, maybe it will just take a bit of time.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@DavidWebb

Not sure of the mechanism but I'm on SP4 and the LAX server shows up for me. Maybe restart the services or reboot the system (or check for updates) see if that kicks it.

6. DavidWebb

Thanks. I was about to try resetting services when I noticed it did show up. Took probably another hour or 2 after posting.

#6 DavidWebb, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. DavidWebb

I am still having 1 issue with the new servers. I can see LA and Seattle, and select them in the server management or when creating a video conference, but when I create a quick webmeeting it still is using the Canada server and I see no way to change it.

8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the addition of 13 new meeting servers to our list we've been running a small test this week where we ignore the server the user selects, and use a new auto-geolocation server selection algorithm to pick the best meeting server for you. There have been some issues here and there and so we're reverting this back to normal.

If you create a new meeting starting from now, it should select the server you selected for it just fine.
    Let us know how it goes.

9. DavidWebb

I see. That is a good idea except we are almost directly in between 2 servers, but we know the location of the people we commonly have web meetings with so we would want to be able to pick between the 2 based on who we are conferencing.

If I start a quick meeting (with the "start a 3cx webmeeting now" button) I'm still seeing the Canada server is being used. Is it supposed to be using the server I select in the Management Console? I have the LA server selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.