Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

USB (Cordless) Phone and 3CX (Phone client)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viktora, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viktora

Hi folks,

after some time I am here again, trying to find a solution for another issue. Well, what is it now?

We in our company, who are often travelling around the country and abroad, are using 3cx phone clients installed on our notebooks. Most of our customers allow us to use their Internet connection to connect our laptops via VPN to our company resources, including VoIP services. This has already saved us lot of money for international roaming and calling fees, because all outcoming and incoming calls are directed through our VoIP PBX. What some of our people (including our boss) do mind is that they must use classic or bluetooth headsets with microphone, which is not that much comfortable. The bluetooth headsets give the people certain amount of freedom as they are not bound to the computer by any cord; but either way is not too much comfortable regarding the necessity to use the software client to dial out a number or accept incoming call, which can be disturbing sometimes.

USB cordless phone would fit our idea the best as it uses laptop as a portable phone base and offers quite a good signal range and portfolio of functions. The problem however is that most of these devices are skype-only, which limites the variety of options available to all of us, using the SIP protocol, almost to zero. Here I would like to ask people both from 3cx and public what would they recommend me to cover my dilemma, if there is anything suitable enough at all. Any idea is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

2. viktora

There is nothing existing that would fit my expectations? Well, that is sad...

Dave

3. acrumpton

Tesco do the FF128 that may meet your requirements.

Review here
    http://www.conita.com/VoIP/Tesco/216.html

regards

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.