USB Handset w/ the 3CX Soft Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kingdom, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingdom

I have a cheap customer w/ 22 locations. 1 Phone at each site. A remote ext. adds a lot of man hrs. My idea is to get a USB handset corded/cordless and try and get it to work w/ the 3CX Soft phone. Has anyone found a handset that can integrate (dial out, answer, and hang up calls) with the 3CX Soft phone?

I just tried a couple in house, and the buttons don't work on the phone. I can answer with the soft phone and hear/speak on the cordless handset. I can't sell that solution though I need the phone to actually function, be able to pick up and dial with it.

Let me know?

Thanks

Eddie / Mike

2. DeWild1

USB sucks. We have been using this setup for a few years. http://www.3cx.com/forums/looking-good-on-ver5-17173.html#p87190 $10 BUA-100 from ebay, the JAWBONE I have seen for $30, or you can use any other type of BT headset.
    Note the first jawbone has a little more back ground noise (voices mainly) come through than the Jawbone II or III but it works best with the button. (I have not tested on new personocal software though and I have not tested recently but I know the jawbone 1 works with button 100% and it may just be my big fingers not pressing the right area on the jawbone II and III..)
    The voyager 855 is my favorite becasue it blocks out other sounds and it is like puting yourself in a closed office when you play music and it cuts the music and answers the phone flawlessly, but it picks up on voices, even faint ones, but does a great job with other back ground noise.

If the locations are full of people, then the jawbone 2 or 3 is best.
    Also, durring lunch hour, make sure they charge them or they could be dead by end of day.. Only 4-6 hours of talk time..
    Or have extra charged ones ready.

Other mics, USB or old school, seem to pick up on any and EVERY other noise as well as ecco problems + you are dealing with wires and people who abuse and break them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeNur

Actually there is no need to invest in replacing your "old school" equipment. If you encounter a quality problem that could not be resolved by simple adjustment of volume there the option of using software to improve audio quality. There are several applications that can help you do so. One of the is from SoliCall http://www.solicall.com as far as I know it specifically tackles the two problems you have mentioned - ambient noise & echo.

As a rule, having software solve audio quality problems gives you the flexibility of using different hardware devices (including the build-in Microphone & Speaker of your laptop).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.