USB Handsets

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TotallyVoIP, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotallyVoIP

Had a quick search of the historical posts to the forum, but can't see much since 2008 on the issue, so is there anyone out there using a USB style handset (wired, wireless, headset) other than the USB wireless Plantronics headset that does not have a keyboard (which does work to hang up calls though) ?

There appear to be several now with HID (human Interface Device) compatibility, and they list X-lite/Bria compatibility, so surely this must be close to a working situation?

Does anyone know of plans to support any handsets from 3CX, or plans to "convert" skype compatible phones to work within the software?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NetTel

Hi

The Plantronic 920 is working fine with the 3CX softphone, allso the key to hang up the call.

Use the personocall software.

Regards
    Ib Knudsen

NetTel
    Denmark

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Next version of 3CXPhone will embed the latest Plantronics' support which accomodates all their headset models, not only those "personocall-compatible".
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

WOW! And how about Yealink USB handsets?

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Igor
    For sure Plantronics and Jabra support will be available. About Yealink - I remember you asked me about some time ago - we have a preliminary support for two models, P1K and P8D. If we will release it, most probable will be first for P1K, which has a single-row alphanumeric display, and for later the graphic P8D. Things to be finished are, mainly, handling of multiple calls.
    Regards
    vali

6. igor.snezhko

Thank you, Vali!

7. igor.snezhko

I can buy these Yealink handsets for testing now. So have you any ETA on next release? I have lot of customers awaiting foe them.

8. taurusgd

Anyone know if the Yeallink wireless or usb handsets work yet?

9. igor.snezhko

10. yomex

Any updates on Yealink USB handsets supported?

11. smokeman

we just ran into poor bluetooth issues(crackling on cheaper headsets), so are going for the usb handsets...
    we're rolling them out to 250 people, so we want to make the right decision.
    the yealink line is very appealing. I see 2 models listed above(P8D, P1K), however we are wondering about the W1DL, and P4K also...
    Thanks for such great software!

12. smokeman

I guess this support did not make it into the latest release, since we got a P8D, and the buttons do not dial the phone.
    We just want basic functionality.
    Is there any way we could get a build of the softphone with this support in it?
    again, we are about to deploy 250, and need this asap!

xlite has support for handsets built in, however we desperately want to use the 3cx softphone instead. This was one of the main reasons we chose 3cx in the firstplace, and to find it doesn't support handsets yet is disappointing.

13. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Jabra BIZ 360 USB is working fine with 3CX softphone.
    Quite good and inexpensive.

Regards

14. smokeman

we have a jabra dial, and it did not work either...that is the one I expected to work, since it is on the supported devices list for their jabra pc installer software.

15. smokeman

I just searched for that device....let me be clearer...
    audio works fine, it would be the dialing from the usb device I'm talking about. So integration with the windows Human Interface Device...allowing the usb handset buttons to work.

some usb handsets also have a separate ringer, which would be nice if that would work too.

16. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

It's much better to rely on headset for best voice quality, eventually answering/ending call, volume control. Don't try to use dialpad in headset, etc. in professional applications (like call centers, etc.) -- leave this to 3CX softphone, 3CX MyPhone, your CRM application.

The quoted above Jabra BIZ 360 is used mostly in call center with heavy usage (this is the lowest model). Ergonomics is critical, which is not the case with integrated dialpads. Depends what you want.

Regards

17. smokeman

3cx has a dll that allows one version of the yealink usb handsets to work with the buttons. They have stated this is a completely unsupported configuration. If it works, it will suit our immediate needs. I'll post back here with the results. The p1k is the handset we are waiting to come in. the newer p8DH mentioned earlier in this thread does not work.

18. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen such devices (except some cheap Skype solutions, which I won't say working). All 'professional' solutions use PC applications (softphones) for dialing.

If you like this you may find some inexpensive USB handsets with keyboard and hopefully will not crush your Windows. I've tried several (no-name brands) without success.

Regards

19. igor.snezhko

The issue that there is a lot of different customers at different countries. I lost one bank prospect because they needed USB handsets connected to their desktop PS's.

The bank's clerks actually not need a PRO headset that cost lot of money and not so convenient for regular staff. Also they not need a SIP Phones, because of budget constrains.

Good quality USB Yealink handset would be a solution. I cannot imagine why 3CX still not support it. :oops:

20. smokeman

The p1k we had come in did not work either. I'm thinking the ylusbtel.dll file isn't registering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.