Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

USB phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scammarano, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scammarano

hi, anyone knows a usb phone that don

2. gbarnes

Usb phone..

:lol:

Most USB phones are used with softphones, but do not always work properly. Once set up, they can perform basic audio in/out functions, but need software to decode DTMF/RING etc.

If you have a bare usb phone you may be able to use it with x-lite or similar software. Have a look at sipgate.co.uk, they provide a usb phone which looks like other models, rebadged!

But voipvoice (Skype) ones have a proprietary API and wont work. They are rumoured to work with x-lite though, so you might be lucky.

If you have a basic skype type voipvoice phone adapter where you plug in the phone at get audio in out but no control, ie ring etc then I may be able to help - I have written software to decode DTMF to answer, dial, hangup but NOT ring for EXPRESS TALK softphone software. I have selected Ring external device and just let that ring.

Thats all my knowledge on USB phones for you.

Graeme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.