Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Use 3CX app to transfer voicemail message to another mailbox

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by positron, Dec 31, 2015.

Use 3CX app to transfer voicemail message to another mailbox 5 5 10votes
5/5, 10 votes

1. positron

If you play voicemail messages by dialing the VM code (e.g. 999), option (5) allows you to transfer the message to another extension's mailbox.

If you use the 3CX phone app (Windows, iOS, Android) to review messages, transferring an existing message to another extension is not an option from the app. It would be desirable to have that ability from the message list in the app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SteveT44 and uptime1 like this.
  2. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

I want the ability to click a button and forward a voicemail message. Just this morning (3+ years after this great idea submission) I wanted to simply forward a voice mail message to a colleague, but the simple capability is not available.

3CX what do you think about adding the button?

Please Upvote.

3. fff

fff

I agree. We've all been waiting a long time to forward voice mail to a new extension from the 3cx softphone. Would be nice to include a explanation message to the front of it at the same time.

4. drewswiz

From my understanding, this capability existed with 3CX MyPhone and the MyPhone web portal, but has been removed and replaced with the 3CX softphone.

There should not only be an option to forward in the 3CX app, but the management portal as well for admins. If an employee leaves the company, there should be an option to forward each message to the supervisor's extension (for example).

At a minimum, it should be in the app!

5. cornerstone

Why are these ideas not combined for 77 upvotes?

6. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

Sheesh, who do i have to sleep with to get this simple feature implemented? Seriously, it's only forwarding a voicemail from one extension to another. To paraphrase Elon Musk (who just made history landing a rocket for the second time), can't one of your interns do it this week! Seriously, it's not rocket science.

I say this while pondering whether to pay the latest maintenance renewal...

BTW, this request was made on January 1, 2016. And it was posted before then on the previous ideas web site.

7. Lester Williams

This needs to be a feature in the client, was doing a Demo today and the client asked why cant this be done from the client

8. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I do support this!

9. electronic7

10. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

You should take a look at our 3CX Voicemail Manager application. Not only can you forward voicemails to other extensions, we also support group voicemail distribution, voicemail escalation, and voicemail transcription.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. info@matic-tec.de

12. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I should add the ability to include a introduction to the recording too. I'll put that on our development schedule for the next release.