Use of HTTP API

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eQDoBBs, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eQDoBBs

Hi,

We are currently planning a migration to 3CX from Trixbox and a key feature is the ability to click a link in our vTiger based CRM system.

I have successfully updated the StartCall.php code to integrate to the HTTP API within 3CX via cURL, but I am having an issue with the URL.

The http://<IP>:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext>&to=<telno>&pin=<pin> format of the URL is not the final string required by the API. When you populate the values and paste into the address bar of a browser your get redirected to a URl with an additional hash value - http://<IP>:5000/ivr/(S(we4n1mwqwzhrd10lax4zfbpn))/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext>&to=<telno>&pin=<pin> for example.

This hash changes on some kind of cycle and causes the link to fail to make the call. Is this hash addition necessary and is their something that can be done either in the cURL code or a setting within the 3CX API to remove the need for this?

thanks in advance for any help

Mark

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have used this code in my CRM:
    Code:
     Public Sub MakeACall(ByVal number As String)
            'Find the path in the Registry
            'HKLM\Software\3CX\CRM\CallNotifierPath
            If number = "" Then Exit Sub

Try
                Dim CallNotifierPath As String = ""
                Dim regkey As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey

If Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0").GetValue("Identifier").ToString.Contains("x86") Then
                    regkey = Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\3CX\MyPhone", False)
                    CallNotifierPath = regkey.GetValue("CallNotifier")

Else
                    regkey = Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\MyPhone", False)
                    CallNotifierPath = regkey.GetValue("CallNotifier")

End If

If CallNotifierPath = "" Then
                    MsgBox("MyPhone must be installed locally to use this feature. Contact your helpdesk for support.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Error")
                    Exit Sub
                Else
                    Shell(CallNotifierPath & " -cmd makecall:" & number, AppWinStyle.Hide, True)

End If
            Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox("Make call failed. Contact your helpdesk for support.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Error")
                LogException("MAKE CALL: " & vbCrLf & ex.ToString)
            End Try
    End Sub

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.