Use of videophone with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Halea, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halea

Halea New Member

Greetings All:
    I'm trying to figure out if a videophone such as Grandstream GXV3000 could be used in a 3CX environment. SInce the PBX establishes the link between two extensions then lets them "talk" to each other directly, does it mean that the video stream will alo run in parallel, or am I missing something here? I understand that the media server will most likely not touch to the video stream.
    Anyone experimented with videophones in conjunction with 3CX?
    Halea

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

You can estimate such functionality using X-lite ( it supports video calls ).
    We didn't disable it (video call) "specially". It may work as well as may not, because we neither tested it nor tried to support it in current version (5.1)

Could you please publish results of your investigation if you will have an opportunity to check it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coelhopsi

I was able to successfully use video on X-Lite and 3CX. It worked smoothly!
    Give it a try... it's worth.

4. bhavank

bhavank New Member

Hello Archie

We have tested the video from V3.1 onwards and it was working fine with X-Lite and some IP Video Phones and it was tested on intranet network and not internet i.e. only on internal calls. I think including video call will raise 3CX system to completely different level in the IP PBX category.

Give a try it works great with XLite and also with some IP-Video Phones as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.