Use the Digital Receptionist ONLY

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brian Wong, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Wong

Hi, I download the free version of v10.0.21197.2104 and config with GRANDSTREAM GW-4104 (4 FXO) gateway, I just want to use the DR function of the 3CX, I create a extension at setup but it can't be registered.

When I try to call from a direct phone line connect to the GW-4104, the system answer the line but I need to key in 2 digit (any 2) for accessing the DR, any way I can to connect the DR directly without any waiting tone and press any key .......

Should I need to config the RING GROUPS in this case? If yes, how can I register the extension that created during setup as the status of the Ext is Not Registered!!

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You have to set the inbound route to go to the DR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brian Wong

you mean the INBOUND RULES?

I'm new to 3CX system and have no idea on DID setting, I just want to connect 4 direct lines with nos like: 1234xxx0, 1234xxx1, 1234xxx2, 1234xxx3, they'll hunt to each other if line is busy, I got a GRANDSTREAM 4014 FXO port, can you advise how to config the inbound route setting, I have do idea about the DDI/DID mask? Thanks

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

There is plenty of information in the wiki, the blog, on our site at http://888voip.com, the 3CX Administrators Guide, or even my book. I would suggest doing a little reading rather than expecting to be helped with a very basic core function in the forums. I'm not trying to be rude here, but people are much more likely to help you out if you are having a real issue rather than not knowing how to do something that has been covered in great detail numerous times and from multiple sources.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Brian Wong

Thanks for the info, I will sure looking for the site you mentioned, thanks!

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

If you can provide remote access to your system we can set it for you.
    Please send me a private message, if you are interested into.

Regards

7. Brian Wong

I tried to setup the inbound rule under PSTN, but only Add DID option available? I think I don't need to setup any DID as I only want all PSTN analog phone lines connect to the DR only, any hints and suggestions?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In 3CX,on the left side column, you'll see PSTN devices, then under that the name and trunk number of your device(s). Click on the trunk number. that will open some options, the second set down is "Office Hours". This is where you set the options at to where, and when, an incoming call goes. The fourth choice down is "Connect to Digital Receptionist"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.