• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

User ability to select multiple outgoing lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

advlaser

Customer
Reaction score
We have 3 companies all using the same 3CX system on the same SIP account. Each company has it's own DID number. We want the ability to be able to dial out from any of the 3 companies using the programmable line button so that the outgoing call has the proper caller id. Is there a way to accomplish this? We don't have to use the line button, that was just the first idea that came to mind. Thanks!

If you are using a single VoIP account, I think you are limited to either one fixed number for all calls, against the trunk itself, or unique numbers set (displayed number) against each extension, which sounds like what you are looking for. This all requires that your VoIP provider allows it.

I have several DID numbers with my voip account. I'm trying to figure out how to program line button on the phone so that the user can select which outside line to dial out with.

What type of set are you using? in most cases, with a VoIP set, a line key is simply an extension number. Are you talking about a speed dial key? If you want calls to route out on certain trunks, it requires either outbound rules specific to certain extensions, or a different prefix, per route.

I'm using Yealink phones T46 and T48 as well as VP530. My reps will need to be able to dial out with outbound lines for a 3 different companies. I was thinking if I had a line key for each outbound number. If that won't work, I guess I could use a prefix, 9 for company A, 8 for company B and 7 for company C. Then have outbound rules looking for each of those prefixes.

This appears to be harder than I thought. My plan is to make an outbound rule for each company if they dial 9 for an outside line, that will be the default. If they dial 8 that will dial out with company B. When I create that rule I only have one voip provider that has multiple DID numbers. Is there a way to specify which DID number to associate with the outgoing call?

Don't think so, DID numbers are after all "Direct Inward Dial" numbers. the intent is that with one SIP trunk you can have as many of them as you want or need and thus route incoming calls by DID number. I'm thinking you want a separate trunk for each company?
Maybe a call to your provider and see what they offer.

Don't think so, DID numbers are after all "Direct Inward Dial" numbers, they are not really "lines" at all. The intent is that with one SIP trunk you can have as many of them as you want or need and thus route incoming calls by DID number. I'm thinking you want a separate trunk for each company?
Maybe a call to your provider and see what they offer.

If you had a set with multiple line keys, and, as an example, had key 1 as extension 101, key 2 as extension 201 and key 3 as extension 301. In the 3CX settings for each extension you can set the number to be displayed. With my provider I've found that I can put in any 10 digit number, against an extension, and that is what shows up at the receiving end. This field is normally blank by default. You would have to see if this worked in your case.

Extension 101, could display 2015551101, extension 201 could display 2015551201, and so on. When they select an extension to call out on, they change the displayed number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.